When did you start craving and was it "Sweet for girl, Salty for boy?"

MrsClark24

Reaction score
I'm only 6 weeks and not having full cravings but I've gone off sweet stuff and I'm after potatos, rice and starchy foods. What about you?

I can't eat enough fruit. Even fruit I'm not a big fan of normally (apples) taste amazing to me now. I just like fresh tasting stuff at the moment if that makes sense.

I'm completely off anything spicy and normally I'd love a curry. Even learnt how to make both Thai and Indian style curries from scratch. Crisps just taste oily to me.

By normally I mean pre pregnancy. I'm 24 weeks along and I've been like this most of my pregnancy.

We are team blue.

I never heard this before! I'm only 5 weeks, but lately I've been craving fruit. Not sure if it's just because I want to eat healthy, but I think I've eaten more fruit in the past 2 weeks than I ever had (I normally would have 1-2 servings per day and now it's like 3-4 servings). I'm enjoying a nice smoothie right now. I'm also craving chocolate. I was eating chocolate chips last night because that's all we had in the house! I guess it balances itself out, right? :)

I craved fruit and sweet/sour Chinese food with my DD almost immediately. With my DS when I was over my morning sickness, at about 15-16 weeks. I guess I would consider both of those to be sweet. I'm craving salty with this baby so I have no idea what it'll be.

With my little girl our house was like a fruit shop! It was stacked everywhere! Melons and grapes galore!

I craved salty things with my girl; I normally have a really sweet tooth

With my son I craved strawberry everything. Didn't have any sickness. But pretty much ate like a horse throughout the pregnancy.

I'm only 5+1 this time and haven't really been craving anything.

I've always craved salty or savoury when pregnant.

With my DS i craved takeaway carbs and crisps, sausage rolls, macdonalds and anything salty, cheese!
With my DD all i wanted was chinese, sweets, cake, and puddings lol
With this baby i am loving sandwiches with ham and mayo and cucumber or tuna mayo and cucumber, must have cucumber, fruit, orange juice with bits and mature cheddar cheese and pickle on crackers :shrug:

With my daughter I wanted anything sour - sour Skittles, Sour Patch Kids, LemonHeads, etc - and fruit. Especially cantaloupe. I'd sit and eat huge bowls of cantaloupe daily. Those were the only cravings I had the entire pregnancy, except for random thoughts of "Oh, that sounds good today." But I mean I do that anyway lol.

This pregnancy I crave everything. Air Heads, Sour Patch Kids, Chinese food, last night it was grilled cheese and tomato soup, veggie soup, basically anything I can digest I'm craving!

I craved salty, spicy and sour things with my boys.... Never sweet. Same this time.... Spicy, sour, salty and she's a girl!

With my first I craved sweets right away. I ate like 13 kinds of fruit per day lol and I was obsessed with Bob Evans chocolate chip pancakes with chocolate sauce AND syrup! But it was a boy! No real cravings yet this time but I do have aversions (same ones as last time) to eggs and chicken

I typically love sweet things, but now i just want salty. And if for some reason i want sweet, its either salted caramel or peanut butter with chocolate.

I craved fruit and veggies with my son. The fresher the ingredients the better!

With my daughter I craved salt and protein. Including meat!

Ugh I wish I had cravings!! I'm 9 weeks 2 days and still have yet to have cravings. I just got out of food aversions thank god

I craved sweets the whole time with my first boy. With this one, I craved salty food in the first trimester and sweets for the rest of the pregnancy. There really is no coordination between those old wives tales and gender.

This time and last time I want fresh veg all the time -- eating lettuce by the handful.

Also, I seem to have gone off meat completely.

I was all about the sweets from day 1 with my daughter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->