When did you start introducing a bottle?

MEPride

Reaction score
DD is 3 weeks 3 days so I think it's still a bit early. When did you start introducing a bottle? And did you have any issues with nipple confusion or your lo refusing the bottle/certain bottles or nipples?

I think I started a bottle somewhere around a month old? He took to it fine and had no issues going back and forth. My spouse would give a bottle once or twice a week just to keep him used to it for when I went back to work.

Ds is 7 now so it's a while ago, but he went between breast, bottle (and syringe) from day one. Syringe was suggested by the midwife when he was about 12 hours because he was having trouble latching and it was a good way of getting colostrum into him, after that he managed to latch for short times but was pretty badly tongue tied and ripped my nipples quite badly so when I got home (4 days old) I bought a pump and bottle, I continued to go between the syringe, breast and bottle until his tie was cut a couple of days later then stuck with the breast until my nipples healed up. We had no issue with nipple confusion at all.

Thanks ladies. I called my lactation consultant who recommended I wait between 4-6 weeks and then could give her a bottle once a day, in the evening so I can get a stretch of sleep. But I forgot to ask if doing that consistently every day would affect milk supply?? Thoughts? I see a lactation consultant tomorrow regardless but I thought I'd ask here anyhow...

You just need to pump every time your baby has a bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->