when did you start sleep training?

T

tinytoes

:-( LO takes 2 hours to get to sleep in his own bed...
:) Takes 10 or 15 minutes in ours...

:-( He wakes in the night in his own bed.
:) In ours he has started to sleep from 11 - 6 or 7... (and it might have been longer if I'd put him straight to sleep in our bed and not tried for 2 hoursto get him into his own..)

What would you do?

He's not yet 3 months..maybe its too soon and we should relax for a few weeks with him in our bed? Or am I taking the easy option adn setting myself up for a hard time later?

He simply doesnt know how to go to sleep alone...
what would you do?

Sorry cant help as Chloe has always got herself off to sleep no bother on her own but didnt want to read and run

Good luck

I'm not really good at this myself, but I would think it's ok for another few weeks to let him sleep in your bed. All books say babies can't be spoiled until 3 months. Sorry I can't be more help.

I'm not really good at this myself, but I would think it's ok for another few weeks to let him sleep in your bed. All books say babies can't be spoiled until 3 months. Sorry I can't be more help.

thanks, that means I can take the easy option :) I see you're one day past your non spoiling period. Good luck ;-)

i wonder this.... I let her get to sleep in my bed and Im wondering whether this is going to make everything tens times more difficult in the future!!

thanks, that means I can take the easy option :) I see you're one day past your non spoiling period. Good luck ;-)

:rofl: Yep, and we were going to try her in her big girl cot last night, but I thought I would miss her, so I chickened out and put her back in her moses basket. :blush: Aw well, whoever said the experts knew what they were talking about anyway?

:rofl: Yep, and we were going to try her in her big girl cot last night, but I thought I would miss her, so I chickened out and put her back in her moses basket. :blush: Aw well, whoever said the experts knew what they were talking about anyway?

indeed! :rofl: every baby is different right?

A friend once told me that being with your baby a lot makes them more secure in the future...I'm clinging to this piece of information!!!!

I wouldnt worry leedsforever - we can coach eachother through it when we've got 8 year olds still trying to clamber into our beds each night!

I have major difficulty in getting Tabs to sleep in the day time but the evening time i stick to the same routine and im sure that helps....
6pm start getting back ready etc get Tabs undressed and play with her on the mat,6.20pm in bath,quack quack,soap soap etc then out in 10 mins
Then dry and dress then Andy holds her while i pump milk for her meds and get a bottle ready.By 7pm she is having bottle and usually asleep on my lap by 7.30-8pm then i transfer her into the pram downstairs or the other sofa we dont use then when we go up we carry her up and nappy change,top up feed then straight back to sleep and into her crib thingy. She doesnt usually then wake until at least 5am sometimes 6am for a bit of booby in bed and settles till we get up 7 ish

Sometimes its half an hour here or there but in the evening its a question of her falling asleep when she is ready not taking her somewhere to sleep awake as she could make us do that for ages as she might not be tired.....hope this last bit makes sense as im babbling now :hugs:

Ally has never slept with us but if I wasn't getting sleep I'd just do whatever I could to get me some sleep! There is a couple who live next door to us who have their 9 month old still sleeping in their bed with them. They're happy with it so that's fine. I think waiting a few more weeks or even a couple more months would be fine and you'd still be able to get him out.

Kaya's only recently started sleeping in her own bed - she's put down at 7ish (when she's tired) and put back down every time she wakes. But when we go to bed, when she wakes up she comes into bed with us. This way we get our space, but we also get our sleep. I hope that she'll start sleeping through the night by the time she's 18 months (trying to be realistic, she still wakes a lot). We waited until she seemed ready to go in her own bed, we tried earlier but it resulted in screaming for an hour and fighting sleep tooth and nail, none of us were happy so we gave up for a while, now she goes to sleep in 15 mins and I can even put her down awake now.

Well, if you're fine with your son sleeping with you, then really there's nothing wrong with it.

However if you and hubby need some "alone time" or you just want to sleep in your own bed, I'd try to get him in his own bed now. The younger they are, the easier it is to get them to learn things. If you just stick to a routine, eventually he will learn that is the way it's going to be, and he won't know anything else therefore he'll have nothing to fight for. If that makes sense.

Maybe slowly wean him off, by letting him fall asleep with you (but not in the bed) and then when he's alseep putting him in the crib. If he wakes up, give him a bottle or change his diaper, then let him fall asleep in your arms, but again put him in his crib when he goes to sleep.

I let my daughter sleep in my bed once a week ago b/c hubby was out of town.. now she's started to prefer laying on the couch with me to take her bedtime bottle instead of just me holding her like normal. I think she wants to sleep in the bed with me again. :blush: Oops! :dohh: lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->