When did you start using fluff?

We started at 10 weeks. I hadnt planned on using cloth tbh but after doing some research at about 9 weeks i ordered my 1st load! Started using them for days for maybe a week then got brave and started nights too and have never looked back!

Thanks girls, youv made me feel better. Im hoping to build my stash while pregnant or just after baby is born.

Where are the best sites to order from?

fillyourpants.com
cheeksandcherries
bibs n bots
millies nappies
jabula

and loads more! x

I planned on using disposables while in hospital after my c-section as useing cloth there would have being a lot of hassle too early on while not at home and I wanted to get the meconium out of the way too. I packed my 2 smallest nappies in my hospital bag for him to come home in and once I was home I tried to use cloth. After doing a lot of research during pregnancy not once did I read that if you have a small baby then even the smallest of cloth nappies will not work and my son was born at 6lbs 14oz. I used my nappies on and off but they were no use until he was about 2-3 weeks old and even then they were not all good (surprisingly my cheaper birth-to-potty pockets fit best) and I am just getting back into useing them in the day (I stopped for a week as I was not feeling well as it seemed like more effort at the time). I still use disposables on a night but now DS is getting bigger I will be looking at buying some decent night nappies as all the ones I have now I only trust fr daytime use.

I really do not want this to come across wrong but from my experience I would say to those pregnant and planning on using them not to build the idea of going in them right away up too much (like I did). If your baby is born at 9lbs-10lbs or over you probably will be fine using them right away but if not then you may not have as much success as you think. I have to add I am basing this advice on having very small newborn nappies that I used the first few days and they were still too big and not absorbent enough and the size 1's were way off (in fact he is only just now in his size 1 wraps on the tightest setting). I really hope that did not come across badly but I wish someone had told me this or I had asked before hand. :flower:

nah, we used sposies for a few weeks (we got bumgenius's and pop ins while i was pregnant but didnt use them till he was maybe a month old? and then only maybe 1 or 2 a day buildling up gradually). I think you go through so many nappy changes it really doesnt ahve to be either/or! we do only use 'eco' disposables though (sainsburys, bambo, moltex) which degrade quicker. sshh but we're using one or two a day now again because he's doing horrible weaning poos and I havent worked out how to deal with it on my lovely fluff yet :blush:

we got ours from fill your pants initally (the multipacks) I know youre not really advised to get loads of one type but we do love the bg's and pop ins still and it was a cheaper way of getting a stash to start off with. since then ive bought odds and ends from all over - babykind are quite good - also preloved ones to try out from here and cloth nappy tree :)

I used sposies as we were in hospital for 2 weeks and there was no way she could have been in cloth seeing as daddy was spending 14/16 hours a day at hospital with us. We were home about 5 days before she went into cloth full time during the day. She was about 5 weeks when we also went onto night and gave all the sposies away! I have never actually brought any disposables - i just used the vouchers from bounty pack etc :) When we have another I will prob used sposies for meconium and then striaght into muslin cloths with wrap xx

If your baby is born at 9lbs-10lbs or over you probably will be fine using them right away but if not then you may not have as much success as you think. I have to add I am basing this advice on having very small newborn nappies that I used the first few days and they were still too big and not absorbent enough and the size 1's were way off (in fact he is only just now in his size 1 wraps on the tightest setting). I really hope that did not come across badly but I wish someone had told me this or I had asked before hand. :flower:

I agree with this, from my own experience. I didn't buy specific newborn cloth nappies, just size 1s. Adam was a not-tiny 8lb 1oz at birth but he lost weight to 7lb 6oz and was not fast to regain; he was up to 9lb at 1 month old when I finally got a good fit on his Little Lambs nappies and wraps, which say they are from 7lb+. It also depends on the LO's build. Adam was a long, skinny baby, with very skinny legs, but another baby with a chunkier build at the same weight might have been ok.

We have our stash already, and are planning on starting after the meconium and after the cord stump has come off - just for ease.

I never intended to use cloth at all, Edward has been in them on and off for about 2 weeks now xx

I started around 3 months! :thumbup: Every now and than I still throw her in a sposie when she gets nasty rashes.

We had a few packs of disposables we got free to use up so prob about 3 weeks old- but at one week we got a lot of leeks and nappy rash so used our cloth for a few days until it settled- next time it'll be from nappy 1- good excuse to buy some new tiny ones

I planned to start after a week or 2.....but after a section, a lot of problems with feeding and OH starting a job when LO was 5 weeks old (which was a good thing, but took away a lot of my support) we didn't get started with the cloth until last week, when LO was 11 weeks old.

I kept saying "I'm top busy to start with cloth, I can't leave LO for a minute without crying so won't have time to wash nappies, I spend all day feeding"...then I just thought I need to stop making excuses and just get on with it, and tbh its been really easy. We are still using disposables for night time and for going out and this combination means I don't really notice the extra work of washing nappies. It's actually been really easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->