When did you tell your lo about the baby ?

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Obviously its too early at 12 weeks , she will go on and on as soon as she does find out !!!

Lo is 3

I wanted to wait, but hubby could not take it and we told her last night. I was sooooooooooo worried she would be upset, but she seemed happy and excited. She is 8. She hopes for a sister. My son is almost 3 and he doe snot understand.

I have 9, 7, 6, and 2 year old girls. My older girls waited outside the bathroom while I took the test, and when I came out they were all asking what it said. When I told them it was positive they started jumping up and down cheering LOL! It was really cute.

I started telling my 2 year old about the baby in mommy's belly when I began showing so that she could have something to visualize change with. Sometimes I ask her where the baby is, what is the baby's name ect. She will answer, but she doesn't really understand, and she wont until baby comes home.

I don't have a LO of my own but FOB has a little girl who will be 4 in two weeks, he told her after we found out the gender, surprising her with the little sister she's always wanted. She partially understands but I don't think she fully grasps it, but what really shocked me is I guess her mother already taught her a bit of how babies are made because when we were talking with a lady that works at our grocery store LO proceeded to tell the lady that there are eggs in our bellies that turn into babies and I've got one growing in me lol and that she's not allowed to have babies until she's all grown up (her mom was a teen mom)

On another note, my little sister who just turned 3 was also told around the same time as LO, my mom telling her she's going to have a niece and that sissy (me) has a baby in her belly, so now every time I see my sister she asks me when the baby is going to come out of my belly so she can meet her and give her kisses <3

When we found out we told him about the prospect of having a brother or sister one day which got him interested in the idea. And when we had our twelve week scan told him he was getting one. :) he did go on and on the whole time wondering where he was :lol: but it was cute!

We told my LO at about 7 weeks. We were going away with family and knew they would end up guessing as I wouldnt be drinking and we really wanted her to be among the first to know. She is only four but very intelligent and she has recently seen a friend of the family go through a pregnancy, so she knows it is a long and drawn out process. She is so excited and loves to listen to the baby through the doppler and came in to the scan once we knew all was OK. Its really lovely having her involved and I dont think there will be any jealousy as she feels it is her baby too and she really wants to help us with it x

Im glad you have done this thread as I am currently in this dilemma...I cant wait to tell him as all he has ever wanted was a little brother or sister...however I think I may let nature take its course...once im showing im sure the questions will start coming...eager to tell sooner though!! x

We told DS almost as soon as we found out - he is very observant and we want(ed) him to be as prepared as possible. I had really bad morning sickness so it helped that he knew why I was exhausted and sick all the time and couldn't play with him the way he was used to.

We never said that we were having a baby, always that he was going to have a new baby brother or sister. The closer we get, the more excited he is :)

We did after we had seen the heart beat at 8 weeks. My sons 4 , we even took him to the 12 week scan so he could see the baby in mummy's tummy .

We had to take Moo to the 6week scan with us as everyone else was working so she asked what that on the screen was and we told her. She isn't all that bothered though.

We told them at all 12 weeks after we had had our scan. DD3 is also 3 and although she understands she obviously doesn't get the time concept of it, after the initial few days of telling her though she only really mentions it every now and then. :)

I've told Quinn that there's a baby in my tummy and she likes to lift my top up and kiss it, and regularly points to it and says "baby!"
But at 16 months she has no concept of what's going on!

Hi all, my DD is 3 1/2 and I'm currently 14 weeks. I wanted to wait a while before I told DD but I told her this week for two reasons.
1. I wanted to be the one to tell her and now that people know I was worried that she would hear it from someone else.
2. She was getting worried about me being tired all the time and having to go to the doctors so much!

We told our toddlers, who are still too young to comprehend what we mean, but my oldest tells me he has a baby in his tummy too. :lol:

We told our little boy after the 12 week scan, he saw the picture and he asked if it was him? He knows the baby is growing in my tummy and is telling people he will be a big brother when he is 4 but after christmas. X

My OH has 2 children, 10 & 8, we only have them weekends so waited until we'd had the scan and then told them the following weekend we had them at which point I was 14 weeks. They're both excited although daughter wants a sister and son wants a brother so one will be disappointed ha ha!! They loved the scan picture and son kept picking it up and looking (I'm sure it was to try and spot a little tinker ha ha!!)

So funny this thread is here because I really wondered myself. I am 13 weeks and wasn't sure when to tell my 2 year old.......well....I clearly underestimated the intelligence of my 2 year old! Hahahaa...because SHE asked me if I have a baby in my tummy ( I have been showing SO obviously since10 weeks and she called me on it...)...I think because she has been completely bombarded with pregnant women and babies lately.....Her one Aunt just had a baby, 3 of my close friends were all pregnant and just had babies...so I think she really picked up on it quick....and I know she gets what's going on because she has this little playmobil baby from a doll set (sorta like leggo) and she will put the baby under my shirt and say "look momma, like your baby"..or she'll come over and kiss my belly and tell me she loves her baby..LMAO.....I do tell her the baby is going to be in there for a very long time and who knows how much is regurgitation and what she actually knows...but...she also likes to stick her baby up her shirt and say she's "like me"...hahahaha...so she either thinks we're having dolls....or...she sorta gets it more than I thought she ever would!!!!

I told my two when I was about 10 weeks I think, right after I had it confirmed with a scan!
My son 'gets it' but not EXACTLY - esp not the concept of time, etc. I have to keep reminding him 'cause he's a bit rough and tumble and I am terrified he's gonna kick me in the stomach... :roll:
My daughter definitely gets it, she's rubbed/cuddled my tummy quite a few times and we talk about what'll be like to have a baby, and that she'll have to walk when we go shopping rather than sitting in the cart, etc :blush: We are starting to collect the few things we don't have anymore for the baby and she's really involved and asking all kinds of questions :D
She wants a girl and Kilian wants a boy though... :dohh: Oh well, they seem to both get that we can't choose, so whatever comes out is what we get! :rofl:
xx

Our lo is 2 and a half this month and I'm 18 weeks. We told her after our 12 week scan. My sil is 16 weeks further ahead than me so she already had the idea of a "baby in tummy". I don't think she truly understands yet but I'm hoping when she sees my sil's baby after it's born it will sink in a little more.

Our trouble right now is she's insistent she wants a sister but we have a feeling she's getting a brother!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->