When did you / will you start buying maternity clothes?

elm

Mama
Reaction score
I'm trying to put off buying maternity clothes til I've had my scan (haven't got a date yet).

I'm starting to really bloat now though especially towards the end of the day and I'm struggling for trousers. I'm sorted for maternity bras, just wondering how long I can hold off on buying some trousers.

Will show off my bump bloat and all after my scan but as we're not planning on telling people til then I'm just wondering what to do for the next couple of weeks.

When did you or will you make the switch?

:hug:

gosh trying to think back :)

although it feels so long ago, I think time has gone quick!! weird me !!!

Im sure I bought my first t-shirts before my scan... black ones for work!! They last along time as they kinda grow with your bump!!

trousers i left much later as I had some elasticatey waisted ones!! :)

I ordered my first lot of maternity trousers from next yesterday. I can still fit in some of my trousers but i'm getting more limited. I've also been wearing my jeans as i can zip them up, just can't fasten the button, so was using a hair bobble to hold the button and then used a belt to cover up the hair bobble. (had that little trick off here!!)

This last week i have had a growth spurt so decided to get some maternity jeans, combats and cropped trousers. I hate wearing maternity trousers as i find them uncomfortable but these i've had from next are quite comfy.

Im just gonna buy lot of smock things for summer. Bump can grow inside the nice little floaty bit. Im planning to buy after scan.

Im a big fat fatty right about now. Nothing fits so Im stealing my sweet Husbands clothing. I have some maternity clothing from my first pregnancy so I may break that out soon. Im trying to wear all my skinny clothes for as long as possible. I hear the bloat may go away before I get my real bump- woo hoo! Sadly, I will probably start by the beginning of August.

I have been getting hand-me-downs from one of my friends who recently had her baby for about.. 4 months now. Started wearing 'bigger' clothes when I was about 4-5 months along:D Also, I don't shop at 'maternity' stores, just nice clothes a few sizes bigger! I always make sure to dress nicely, pregnant or not, and I can't seem to find any maternity stores here with nice clothes for a good price. I just don't have 70 dollars to spend on a top.

I didn't really need Maternity trousers till I was about 24 weeks & even then I had to tighten the elastic bit.

I bought a few more pairs of Maternity jeans when I was 27 weeks & I live in them :)

As for tops, I just tend to buy bigger sizes from Primark :)

I think I was probably about 14 weeks when I finally gave in and started wearing maternity pants. Shirts, I didn't need till about 20 weeks.

i had to buy some at about week 12. trousers mostly - i could squeeze into my tops for a while longer but my jeans and work trousers were squishing me.

I was in maternity trousers from about 9 weeks cos nothing else would fit.

I bought my first maternity trousers at about 12 weeks. And tops followed soon after

i never bought myself any last time lol, my mum bought me 2 maternity outfits when i was 28 weeks to go to my aunts wedding because i was just wearing big jogging bottoms that bagged round the bum because they were so big lol!! i probably will do the same this time to i think maternity clothes cost so much money and dont last long, i still have the two outfits my mum bought me last time (i think) lol so i can wear them

I bought my first pair of maternity trousers at 18 weeks, can no longer fit into my pre pregnancy trousers but im still in my normal tops. so holding off buying maternity ones :) XXX

I bought some maternity jeans from gap the other day but thats more cos my legs and butt have gotten too big to fit into my trousers and i couldnt be bothered buying inbetween clothes.

I havent bought any maternity stuff yet!! going to look at some work trousers this weekend!! i have bought a few tops in a size 14 so they are nice and big and cover bump!!

x

I bought my first maternity shirts at aroung 16 weeks,then I bought maternity jeans at around 20 weeks but I still don't wear them...But I bought tons of dresses at around 20 weeks,it's pretty hot over here now,boiling so I am constantly buying some looser clothes...

I was given some maternity trousers for work at the begining of my pregnancy and ended up living in these from about 13 weeks as none of my other work trousers fit. as far as jeans went I didn't get any until about 15 weeks and before then I just put a hairband over the button and through the loop

Started around 9 weeks for trousers, made it to 13 weeks with my jeans, and started buying maternity shirts around 15-16 weeks :D

Around 8 weeks for trousers... but now I am 12 weeks I am now at the point where I need alot more than just one pair of trousers lol. I have just bought some skinny jeans and a top from Mothercare sale today.

great thread - I've been wondering the same thing. I'm 10wks and don't have many tops I can wear - I usually have very fitted taste and as we haven't told anyone yet I am paranoid that people can tell!!!

My normal jeans are also fitted so are too small to do the button up now - that's fine in the house but not out and about. My sister gave me some baggy boyfriend cut jeans in a size a few up from normal and as they sit very low are really comfy to wear.

I am happy to buy a few bits now, but don't feel I relly need them just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->