When did you / will you start buying maternity clothes?

I've been in maternity trousers since week 9. My sister gave me some jeans so I didn't buy any until about 3 or 4 weeks ago which was as soon as I was able to go into town without being sick. I only got some for work though and some slouching around ones, but a week ago I got another couple of pairs in the Mothercare sale. They are all the most comfy clothes in the world!

I've already got a pair of maternity trousers, I bought them like 2 years ago. They were so nice I couldnt resist even though I didnt need maternity trousers :S Haha.

at exactly 12 weeks I gave in and bought a couple pairs of pants when I realized that I only had one pair left that I could get on, and that just wouldn't do at work :)

Now I'm in desperate need of tops and it's only been a few days.... oh boy.

Thanks for all your replies everyone. It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one wanting trousers early!!! My jeans fit a bit better today after wearing them in a bit after washing (can't not wash them though... will have to give them a good stretch!!).
Will try and last another few weeks, although the Mothercare sale does look really tempting....

:hug:

Ill go buy mine when my jeans dont fasten anymore, lol.
The primark idea is a good one, go when the sales are on, you can get them for £1 each:happydance: and they have sales once every week or so, lol.
Im looking forward to living in trackies and baggy t-shirts, jeans and tight tops that are in fashion atm are a little restricting.

So glad you started this thread elm!

My belly has just popped out of nowhere these past few days and nothing is fitting me!

Some really good advice here girls!

thanks!

I started around 16 weeks... after I just couldn't deal with my ponytail holder-held together jeans...hah. I mostly have bought mat. pants, all the styles here are very loose, like baby doll shirts and stuff so I can still wear a junior's large shirt.

Is you can afford it Tophop do really nice maternity trousers. Such a good fit aswell. But its about £40 a pair of trousers, which isn't cheap considering a baby on the way. But I advise people if they are looking for nice tight ones but made for maternity have a look in topshop or on their website, also ebay topshop maternity alot of people sell it on there cheaper.

I was buying loose tops and things that would look nice with a bump under for ages when TTC :) , so I've got quite a few floaty tops - it's just trousers that are getting me. My stomachs getting huge with bloat and wobbliness :blush: x

Ebay!!! Thrift stores!!! Salvation Army!!! I love these places for cheap clothes. What's the point spending a tonne on things you will only wear for a wee bit..? I would invest in 1 nice pair of jeans though, you can wear them after the baby too while you get your figure back.

Ebay!!! Thrift stores!!! Salvation Army!!! I love these places for cheap clothes. What's the point spending a tonne on things you will only wear for a wee bit..? I would invest in 1 nice pair of jeans though, you can wear them after the baby too while you get your figure back.

I was thinking that, i dont want to spend a fortune on clothes im only going to wear for short while, plus i cant really afford to.
Leggings are quite cheap and cheerful though (haven't heard anyone mention leggings yet) and they stretch, would look nice with a long floaty maternity top and some accessories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->