When did your Dr find heartbeat w/Doppler?

Rafferty

Reaction score
Just had my first OB appt. I'm 8 weeks 6 days. I asked the Dr. if he'd be willing to try to find the HB with the doppler and he tried for about 3 minutes, but gave up. He said it's probably just too early and usually has a 50% success rate at 9 weeks. Anyone else have this experience?

It's hard to not worry since my mmc a couple years ago started out this exact same way...

OB tried at 12 weeks and couldn't find it, so she did an ultrasound. At 16 weeks we got to hear it for the first time. I had an anterior placenta though, so no idea if that affected it!

:hugs:

In the UK they don't try until 16 weeks so that's when I've first heard it at a midwife appointment :)

I didn't hear it on the Doppler with my son untill 15 weeks. Even though we had seen a healthy baby on lots of scans. Try not to worry!

My midwife tried at my first appointment and couldn't find it. I was 9w5d. I had actually found it myself on my home doppler that morning so I wasn't worried in the least. At that stage, I really think it's about luck!

I have a Doppler at home and tried to find baby's heartbeat every day starting at 8 weeks. Found it at 9w 1d. It was hard to find every day. My doctor did not attempt to try it until our 11w 1d apt. He found it no problem then and even then he said there's still a chance we may not have found it.

couldnt find it with doppler at 8 weeks 6 days so i asked for an ultrasound that same morning and the screen showed a happy baby with a heart beat of 174bpm.

doppler got it easily at my next 4 week prenatal visit at 12 weeks 6 days

Thanks for all the responses! I'm feeling so much better about it!

Mine tried at 10 weeks but told me not to be concerned if we cant find it. She said its spotty and usually she wont do it until 12 weeks because it freaks people out if its not heard! Don't worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->