When did your food aversion(s) end?

M

Mrs Eleflump

I'm lucky really that I only have one aversion - tea! I used to drink 4 or 5 cups of weak milky tea per day but since 5-6 weeks I have been totally put off it. I can't even make hubby his morning cuppa any more because it makes me heave.

I'm now 9+4, and hoping this will start to subside in the next couple of weeks (ideally by this time next week so it won't give the game away to our friends while we're on holiday with them!).

When did yours go away?

I'm also hoping my need to continually graze will settle - if I don't keep something in my stomach all the time, the nausea is awful. I've put on 4lb already :dohh:

Mine went away at 9 weeks. But my need to eat something is still going strong. Last night I ate a big bowl of cereal as a snack then 30 minutes later my stomach was growling again! I'm always eating it seems lol

I sympathise...hubby asked me last night, 'did you have two bowls of cereal for breakfast this morning??' (he was still in bed, and heard the flakes pouring twice). I replied 'maaaaaybe', while going bright red. He just laughed and said 'well, you do need to get your strength up'. LOL.

I'm trying to stick to healthy things, but am not always so successful. Thankfully I don't have any overpowering chocolate/cake cravings, but if it's right in front of me I have a hard time saying no.

I'm glad your aversions have gone, though. They are horrible! I hope mine goes soon!

Mine didn't go away until about 4 months after giving birth, I'm afraid! It was coffee and certain types of meat with me last time. This time I haven't really had any, thankfully.

I was wondering this too. I used to love bagels smothered in cream cheese and now the thought makes me gag

I hope mine go away too... I'm the same - I used to love a cup of tea! But now the thought of it makes me heave. I barely have any milk in my tea and have it really strong but I feel like no matter how strong/black I have it it'd be too milky! Think that's probably to do with my aversion to milk...which is also quite the hindrance! I never really have liked milk though so I do get that.

I've also gone right off coffee which is annoying 'cause I've been EXHAUSTED all the time. I was planning on continuing to drink coffee but within the limits (200mg caffeine a day) just 'cause the thought of going cold turkey terrified me! I work in a coffee shop and am quite dependent on caffeine to get me through the day! But I haven't been able to drink any...I've even tried it masked in nice cold drinks and hot chocolates etc. and I just can't! I s'pose it's my body telling me to stay away from it 'cause it's bad for baby! :thumbup:

I've also gone right off nuts, particularly dry roasted.. I can't even go near my OH if he's eating /has eaten anything to do with nuts, including peanut butter! :wacko:

I have gone off hard-boiled eggs and egg salad sandwiches. This bums me out as egg salad sandwiches are normally such a 'comfort' food and hard-boiled eggs (plain with no salt added) are a fairly healthy way of adding protein.

Most of my first trimester aversions have gone away but still can't do the eggs. I'm hoping that my love of eggs returns once baby is here and that my sillier cravings go away (ie. drinking syrup out of the bottle...I don't do it...but I REALLY want to!)

most of my food aversions were gone around 14 weeks! Still have some aversions though - can't eat chicken unless it's shredded chicken! and still can't eat/smell/see coleslaw without feeling sick - that stayed from pregnancy with DS1!

I had a really funny time with steak or meat until about 12-14 weeks and then it was all I could think about. Now at 33 weeks it's come back!! Meat smells terrible to me, and the look of red raw meat in the fridge makes me gag! Weird isn't it. Hoping it goes away again soon after delivery as I love a bit of steak usually! Not long to go thank heavens!

With my first the sickness never ended, I was sick throughout the whole pregnancy!...however with this baby it stopped at around 16 weeks!...I will keep my fingers crossed that you feel better soon!! xx

I'm still completely off tea, coffee and vegetables. Last time I was pg I'm sure all aversions had disappeared by 14 weeks but no such luck yet?!

With DD they never did really, my appetite was poor for my entire pregnancy and it's looking to be similar this time around just with slightly different aversions!

I think it was at around 12 weeks. Food shopping was a nightmare - could only buy food a few hours before I was due to eat as food aversions changed so frequently. One thing I ate the day before would make me gag the day after.

At 22 weeks, I've still got mine but it's changed. I started out hating coffee when I would drink it most mornings before work. I still haven't had any since so not sure I can stomach it again. After 8 weeks, I was off any kind of meat except ground beef. Tacos was my craving so had a lot of ground beef then. Around 16 weeks, my liking for meat returned. Where chicken was my worst food aversion, now chicken salad sandwiches are my craving. But I can't stomach overly sweet things now. Cadbury Cream Eggs nearly made me upchuck a month ago. Icing on a cake? Forget it. Hot fudge sauce? BARF! And it sucks terribly :(

I've still got my tea aversion at 13 weeks :( I can make hubby a cuppa some mornings without feeling like I'm going to heave, but not always!

I think I might experiment with ovaltine - I quite liked it before, and I got a sample in my bounty pack, so I may give that a go.

Thankfully I haven't picked up any more aversions, so I'm considering myself lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->