When did your LO stop having milk to drink?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Wondering when LOs stopped having cups of milk?

My Caitlins never liked milk from the day she was born always impossible and never even went to full 9oz bottles. She doesn't like cows milk in the bottle/cup either even though we stuck with it for about a month so we turned to toddler milk again and she would take one beaker in morning and not really touch her night one now we're at one in morning but she now too has stopped paying interest in it mostly always half+ left in her beaker! :dohh:

So when is it they stopped having milk as a drink? She has cereal with cows milk in mornings and 2 yoggys in day then her normal foods ...oh and ready brek for supper.

:help: x

callum still has milk at bedtime but none through the day. i cant remember when nicole stopped having milk, i think she was the same as caitlin, she hated the stuff and still does now. im sure aslong as she's getting plenty calcium from other stuff then she'll be fine.

I was thinking of extra vitamins too - tried to ring HV but shes not in her office.

they never bloody are when you want them!! extra vits probs wouldnt be a bad idea.

I still give the kids milk (cow). But, give vitamins as well. Because, I know they need more D for the bones, they just would rather have juice or something. So like you I try to get yogurts and cheeses in when I can! :)

She just will not touch cows milk unless in cereal she loves her weetabix.

What vits do you give your LOs?

abidec multivitamin drops from boots are meant to be good for babies/children

Casen took a long time to take to cows milk, we had to just keep offering and he finally did. But during the 2nd year cows milk...or I guess toddler formula...are very important, the extra fats are vital for brain development, which is why here they recommend whole milk until age 2 then low fat milk after age 2. Hayden still has milk, but only 1 cup of whole milk a day and then rice milk other than that.

She just will not touch cows milk unless in cereal she loves her weetabix.

What vits do you give your LOs?

I am not sure your daughter would be able to chew these ones yet. But, my kids love these. :)

(grape tastes the best!)

https://flintstonesvitamins.com/

Lauren and Abi were never keen on their milk either, they love cereal with milk, yogurts, cheese etc so I wasn't too worried. I used to make them hot choc with the original hot choc that you mix with milk. Erm, not ideal for teeth granted but they used to have it with a snack like toast anyway not just on it's own.

By the way they were about 1 and a half when I 1st did this and only made it up quite weak

Casen took a long time to take to cows milk, we had to just keep offering and he finally did. But during the 2nd year cows milk...or I guess toddler formula...are very important, the extra fats are vital for brain development, which is why here they recommend whole milk until age 2 then low fat milk after age 2. Hayden still has milk, but only 1 cup of whole milk a day and then rice milk other than that.
We have for 6 months!

I know how important it is thats why she has a lot of milk in her foods.

Yeah it took a long time with Casen too, we eventually had to go to 2% milk because he would barely drink whole milk even when we finally got him drinking it. I'm sure if she's eating lots in her foods she would be fine with just that but I think I personally would keep trying the milk too though, but atleast you know she's ok if she doesn't drink it but I wouldn't fully give up on it yet.

We did the whole mixing introducing milk with her formula like 6oz formula 2oz milk - 5o formula 3oz milk ...worked for a short period. Something like that! Gawd its amazing how your mind goes blank to these things yet not so long ago!

We'll try every now and then but she has enough to make up for it and this with the meat (you seen the thread) Im going to get some extra vits. My HV wasn't worried when I last mentioned it she just said some babies not so keen.

Yeah, I'm sure she's fine :) Does she eat alot of beans? That's really good protein. And if she eats cheese and yogurt for dairy (or it cooked into food) she probably wouldnt' even need the vitamins unless you would just feel better knowing for sure she is getting it all, it of course won't hurt hre to have them.

Dec is not a big fan of milk either, the only time he will drink it is first thing in the morning and it has to be hot, he will have 2 bowls of cereals a day with 7ozs of milk in each but thats it. We use Abidec (sp) vit drops for Dec have done since he was about 11-12 months. You can get them on script if you have a good Doctor. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->