When did your OPKs start getting darker after O?

melewen

Reaction score
For those of you who saw OPKs getting darker after ovulation and got a BFP, when did they start getting darker?

I've been taking opks since I got a positive because I actually O'd early which like NEVER happens for me. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it - but it's been confirmed with temps now. After I ov'd they were pretty light but now it's getting quite dark. I'm only 6dpo though! I do remember with my first I got a fern on my microscope on like 2dpo. It was so weird and one of my unusual symptoms that led to a BFP

Opks typically won't go positive until after a hpt will. Sometimes opks never go positive when pregnant.
As for when they would darken I'd say if it happens for you it will start darkening 9-11dpo a day or two after implantation is likely.
The reason opks can go positive with hcg is because it is a very similar chemical to LH and it overwhelms the opk into reading wrong.

I've heard otherwise, so I'm curious for actual experience

Mine always darken when AF is approaching. The month I got my bfp they darkened as usual but they didn't turn postive until a few days after my bfp. I'd got a positive digi before my opk's had turned positive. Hope you get your bfp this month :)

That's very weird! Mine are always super light after. At least it's something to do this month :rofl:

It's common for opks to go darker just before AF because that is when estrogen begin to rise and can sometimes cause a small LH surge.

As for "actual experience" I've had a miscarriage and chemical pregnancy and the only time my opks got in any way what I'd call dark in the tww was the same day as a bfp.

Everyone's experience can be different, though. But OPKs getting very dark or going positive before a hpt is going to be uncommon at best and most likely very rare and triggered by an estrogen surge from implantation and not the HCG.

That is logical.

I'm nowhere near AF but thank you for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->