When do energy levels come back?!

jenniferannex

Reaction score
I’m 11+5 and still no energy, I wake up tired, get my eldest to school and do some housework. I plan to do so much with my day but I’m literally exhausted after an hour and have to lie down, then sometimes I have to have a nap! Working days are hard but I am lucky I’m self employed and 50% of my Work is done on the laptop. although I already can’t wait for bed time tonight. I just have so much I’d like to sort out but zero energy. I know I need to listen to my body but how long does this usually last? I can’t remember with my other 2 but I’m hoping not long.

Hi hun im 10+3 and im exactly the same, by the time ive done morning school run and house work im shattered. I wasn't like this with my last 3 so hopeing my energy picks up soon. Ive put it down to my age (33) & running round after a 2 year old,dealing with a hypo 6 year old and 10 year old who thinks shes 15 lol. Ive read in different places things "pick up" at around 12 weeks, but hey every pregnancy is different.
All i know is...im moody,really tired and most days i really,really cant be bothered! Lol big hugs xx

My energy came back somewhere in early second trimester I think. I was home for a big extended family celebration around 13 weeks and found that tiring, but it might have been from traveling and then having a packed schedule with lots of people for several days in a row. After we got home I remember noticing within a week or two (so 14 or 15 weeks) that I felt like myself again. In fact for a lot of second tri I had to remind myself I was even pregnant. I don't have any other kids though so I feel like that helps.

I hope you both start feeling more energetic soon!

I'm 10w6d an exactly the same, exhausted all the time. It's definitely not being helped that DS has had us up the last couple of nights from 4am! Im hoping the pregnancy fatigue will ease off soon but if I remember correctly it took until about 15 weeks with DS before I felt normal.

I'm starting to feel better now, a few weeks ago I kept falling asleep on the sofa after a day at work and putting the kids to bed, my energy levels are definitely improving

With all 4 of mine it wasn’t till i had given birth. But everyone is different. Hopefully you will get some relief soon.

Thank you ladies, I hope you all start to feel better too! It certainly isn’t easy! Ahh LynAnn I bet that’s awful! I’m lucky my 2 are fine at sleeping so I suppose I should count myself lucky they’re sleeping when I need them to!

Mrsma that’s exactly how I’m feeling atm, I can’t wait for it to pass, fingers crossed it does!

Thanks again girls!

Generally at 18 years when they move out of home. :rofl:

But honestly, the first trimester is the hardest. Sleeping feels like a full-time job. I've been exhausted right through this one but I also fell pregnant when DS3 was 6 months old. Around 18-22 weeks you should start feeling a little better.

I went to bed last nigt at 9.30, DS woke up at 5 am but DH took care of him and got him back to sleep. We got up for the day at 7am and I'm already feeling like I could go for a nap. The first trimester tiredness is real! Can't wait to be back to normal energy levels! Hope everyone else that's struggling gets back to normal soon!

I think i was exhausted all the way through but i think the fog lifts around 16 weeks and then comes back in the 30's weeks!

I found I got my energy back around 17 weeks, up until 34/35 weeks! I’m feeling so exhausted now I’m near the end, but I’m guessing that’s normal. Hope you feel a little more energetic soon! X

Idk! But I wish mine would! I NEED a nap every day. Im just 12 weeks today. Plus im on benadryl for an alleric reaction so the tired is suuuuuper real

I'm still feeling rundown, but it's getting better! Some days are more energetic than others though :)

My first 3 pregnancies I perked up around 16 weeks, but I never got back to "normal" #4 I was exhausted the entire pregnancy but I worked a full time job that was very strenuous, #5 I still haven't recovered from I stayed tired the entire pregnancy and 3 years later still tired and now expecting #6 and omg I'm more tired than I've ever been pregnant but I chalk that up to age and having 5 others and a busy life, but Lord knows I'd love to feel halfway normal! I agree with previous poster who said generally in about 18 years haha i agree lol

My energy got better around 15 weeks this time. I was sooo tired and had to nap during the day too. My housework suffered big time. But feeling much better now! Until I’m too big I won’t be able to bend down into my washer to change the laundry over lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->