When do I start sleeping on my side

Hotbell312

Reaction score
I love sleeping on my belly. It is my most comfortable position, but when do I make the switch. I have a husband pillow to help me sleep on my side, but I feel so uncomfortable the whole night.

When tummy sleeping becomes uncomfortable... No set time really. I'm 18 weeks and don't feel comfortable on my tummy anymore.

I agree, when you become uncomfortable on your belly that's when you should stop.

No worries until then.

I'm almost 20 weeks and still sleep on my stomach, it's getting a bit tough, but still manageable.

I'm 24 weeks and still managing to tummy sleep. I carefully position pillows around me for my legs etc and it's still comfortable. I have quite a small bump though

I sleep on my left side, they say that's the best side to sleep for blood flow to the placenta. I slept on my left side before I was pregnant anyway so ive been quite lucky when it comes to sleeping even though I am up at least four times a night for a pee lol x

I'm a tummy sleeper too, and at 25 weeks I am still able to. I sleep with one knee kind of bent upward so that I'm not flat on it, but Natalie doesn't seem to mind.

I forget when I switched but it was a while. I did notice that I was getting a lot of veins in my left leg, after I switched to sleeping on my side they started to disappear. Not sure if it's connected. I wish I had switched sleep positions sooner.

Left side is the one position I can't sleep in without getting sore, nauseous, and waking up. When I told my OB, she said pregnant women should sleep however is comfortable since our bodies will wake us up if we get into a position that's no longer okay for baby. I'm at 20 weeks and still sleep on my back half the time. OB says it's fine. I would think sleeping on your stomach would be fine, too.

I was really surprised by how legitimate the "your body will know" was! I've always been a stomach sleeper, around 16/17 weeks, stomach stopped being comfortable and the only thing that seemed comfortable was on my back! Even if i forced myself on my side, I'd wake up in the middle of the night with an aching back, or I'd wake up in the morning rested and happy and on my back! But the past 2-3 weeks (since about 22 weeks, when i POPPED) the only thing that's felt comfy and have new tossing and turning is on my side with a pillow between my knees!

tina426- That's super reassuring. Love to hear it first hand from someone! Our bodies are pretty darn amazing sometimes.

I'm still on my tummy and I know with my first pregnancy I did the half-tummy-half-side deal where you look like a frog that tripped for a long time. Before I switched completely to side sleeping I brought in two extra pillows so I had a head pillow, a chest pillow, and a hip pillow so my stomach wouldn't get squished. When that finally got uncomfortable, I rolled to my left side. :thumbup:

This is my fourth baby, and I have slept on my belly, propped up on pillows when my belly gets too big, until the day I've delivered each one of them. I don't sleep well any other way! Like I said, when my belly gets too big, I do prop one side up on pillows and sleep with one leg up, to keep the pressure off of my belly. That way, I'm kind of a little on my side... But still feel like I'm on my stomach.

I agree that your body will tell you. I was also a tummy sleeper and at some point my body just wouldn't let me anymore. Now I switch from left, to right, to back all night and my body wakes me when I am uncomfortable. I worried a bit when I would wake up on my back but baby is happy and healthy and always moving around.

If someone want to sleep on her side at the time of pregnancy then they can use pregnancy pillow which is known as wedge pillow. It is popular for its versatility.

I can't lie on my tummy now without feeling uncomfortable BUT I wake up most mornings on my tummy and wonder how the hell I've not woken up due to feeling uncomfortable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->