When do they stop believing?

I wonder about other kids spoiling it for my girls too ! Shame some kids find the truth out too soon ! I remember wrapping gifts for my siblings one year with my mum and it was still exciting!

My older brother told me about the tooth fairy when I was 6, I was devastated! It ruined all of them for me as my brain made the jump to Santa immediately and the Easter Bunny etc. I was extra upset because I'd just lost a tooth, he had already lost all his before he figured it out...so he was just being an ass (still is) to me. :growlmad:

That’s so mean !

Hmmm I noticed because I realised the notes left were in my mum's handwriting.
My sister (4years younger than me) found out as my dad accidently woke her up dropping gifts on her bed. I can't remember how old we actually were.

With my two we say santa comes and go and see him, they write a letter and leave out snacks but we don't talk about it too much. I'm sure they'll realise soon enough. They only get one 'santa gift' not everything is from him so that may help it last longer.
There is two years between my two so I'm guessing they'll stop believing around the same time.
Ohhhh I don't want them to grow up.

I think the same with my two aswell, just over 2 years between them and the like to copy each other especially younger one so I’m sure when oldest stops believing he won’t be able to keep it quiet from littlest and that will be that.
Will be a sad day haha.

I told both of my older two when they went to high school.

Thanks everyone. Hopefully will get another couple of Christmases at least!

I'm not really wanting to hear about those who never done Santa, or just used Sanra as a story, looking to hear from those whose kids really truly believed that Santa came!

My eldest is 7 1/2 and I'm pretty certain still very much believes.
I tend to not really talk about Santa much, as if I told them all sorts of extravagant, ridiculous things, they would start to ask questions and then they would be sceptical, so I just keep it all low key and hope for the best!

I can't remember when I found out the truth, but I don't think I ever actually confronted my parents about it, I just played along as it was still just as exciting and magical on Christmas. I also had younger siblings (my brothers are 8&6 years younger so Santa came to my house for a good while after)

When did your child stop believing?

I always said I wouldn’t lie if my children straight out asked me. My DS (8) asked me a few weeks ago so he now know. We also told our DD (11) this year as she is about to start high school and she said she had been doubting it for a bit. DD2 (5) still believes and the others are sworn to secrecy!

Alex is 6 and has just gone into year 2 in school. He still believes. However at some point last year when he was in year 1, a boy in his class who was in year 2 at the time tols him Santa wasn't real. I told him this other boy must of been naughty if Santa didn't go to his house. I told him not to listen to him and this seemed to have worked. I couldn't believe a child that young going round telling others Santa isn't real! If Alex truly didn't believe at this age i would make sure he didn't tell anyone. Although I do hope he believes for a few more years yet.

Holly still believes and I don't think she even suspects yet. Hopefully it will be a few more years :xmas6:

My son is 7, 8 in November. I'm not sure he'll be believing this year :cry: I'm thinking of taking him for a Christmas hot chocolate and explaining that Santa is real but it's a very special job done by those old enough to know the truth or something. Something to make it magical but still keeps him from telling his little sister the truth x

My son 6 and even last year said santana can't get to every house and didn't want to see him-i booked it at the garden centre didn't help he got the same pressie as a friend from school had gor him-his answer is santana would KNOW and wouldn't give 2 pressie the same! I off course say of course he's real ( best kept secret in the workd) we are goung on polar express train woth my friends little girl who's slightly younger on 18th Dec. Even if he dosent believe as he say when he see thing can you or daddy get me thst fir christmas ( we only have 2 pressie from santa ( as that's what sevral friends do) and rest are from friends/family. I live the who excitement of Christmas yes if he believes it would be more magical BUT I live it anyway. But tooth fairy he totally believes in. ( we get neighbour to leave note so he dosent recognise wrotting) i think he's to young NOT to believe really. Xxxx

My eldest was 8, which made me sad. He started an argument with his Dad in front of the little ones about it, so I had to pull him away and say look, you're right, there's no one man who delivers presents all over the world. But the spirit of Santa is real, he's the magic in children's eyes, the warm feeling from choosing the perfect gift and the excitement to give it to the person you bought it for. Then I gave him a promotion to Santa's Helper.
DS2 was 10. It was only last Christmas, he didn't make a fuss, just quietly mentioned not really believing but wanting to believe to his Dad on the way to an activity. He was convinced for much longer as he had seen his Dad dressed as Santa filling up their stockings!
DS3 is 8, last summer he said he didn't believe, but then a few weeks later decided that he did because it would mean I would have to go shopping at midnight on Christmas Eve. I'm not sure how much longer it will last, but he's Home Ed so we might get a bit longer than we would have done, or seeing so many parcels arrive might clue him in quicker, who knows.
If they start questioning it I try not to work at convincing them he's real, even though it makes me sad to let go of that part of it, but I also don't confirm it unless I have to, like with DS1, he absolutely knew, so there was no point in denying it. I let them come to their own conclusions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->