When do you introduce...

huggybear

Reaction score
baby rice, is this counted as weaning, what i know about weaning you could write on a postage stamp, my LO isnt ready just yet but i am trying to make sense of the whole weaning thing, do you introduce rice before 6 months or at 6 months start rice and purees or do you normall start rice purees just before in order to properly wean at 6 months with normal food... x

Yeah rice counts as weaning, so wait til 6mo if at all possible :) But rice cereal isn't necc, you don't have to do it, you can go straight to blw or just purees. We started Hayden on sweet potatoes, not rice

Good question. I am clueless to ... I have started trying to read a little into it at the moment to prepare myself. Time goes so fast that he'll end up being 6 months and i will be clueless

As far as I'm concerned, anything other than milk counts as weaning and the current guidance is to wait until 6 months if at all possible. As said above, you don't have to start with rice although some babies like it because it tastes quite milky. Aisling started with a finger of apple and spiced sweet potato :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->