When do you register baby for school?

bev309

Reaction score
I can't remember what age my DD was when I first put her name down for school for the life of me:blush:
Do I need to do it now, or do I wait until he is nearer nursery age?

I registered Ella when she was still a baby.I heard that there was quite a waiting list, wether there was or not I dont know but I registered her to be on the safe side .

I wouldn't say you are in any mega rush to do it now.but theres no harm if you do.or maybe call and say you have a 2 month old and if you should register her now or later on.

xxxx

someone acually said to me the other day i should do it now as it can be hard to get into schools or something if she hadnt mentioned it to me i wouldnt of know untill he was old enough to go to school didnt know people do it this early xxx

Will have to make some phone calls next week then:blush:

Think it may depends on where you live, which Borough etc. Perhaps look on your local boroughs website and it may advise you. I remember my Local Authourity advising to put Mia's name down at 2 years old.

My HV was advising Mums to put names down at around 6 months old. She reckoned it was a busy year for babies in our area and there might be problems getting in. Ours are registered with no hassles whatsoever. Probably better to do it sooner rather than later.

Oh my! I didn't know people registered their children for school this early anywhere. We dont register them until right as they are about to go it (like the summer before).

What happens if you dont get them registered?

If we send Oscar to a welsh school we wold have to register now, theres a waiting list.

I think this is a british problem.One council was using anti terrorim privalages to spy on a family 'cos they believed them to be lieing about their catchment area. :grr:

I plan to register Oliver once the school hols are over..seems so wierd to be even thinkin about it though! x

This is something ive been pondering and semi looking into. Ive been trying to find out what Catchment area we fall under...

Any one have any ideas where to get that info?

x

For me there is only one school nearby so it was obvious lol. But if you go on your local councils website it should tell you, leicester does anyhow. Failin that, just give them a call. x

Our council said just to do it the year before or something.. I would do it now but we're not sure where we will be living in the town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->