When do you start being able to feel body parts?

Bingles

Proud mum of one
Reaction score
Im sure this is way off for me yet but was just wondering when in the pregnancy I would be able to start feeling a foot or a head etc?

I think it's a lot further along in third tri- and even then it depends if you've got an anterior placenta etc x

i usually feel them closer to 30 weeks and farther beyond. you'll start to see movements soon but you won't be able to tell if that was a hand, bottom, foot or head yet but in the next 8 to 10 weeks you will

Thanks girls I was thinking this would be the case :)

I've never worked it out....and this is my 3rd :wacko:

Im not sure, i feel hard bits but obviously cant work out what they are xx

Would an anterior placenta make it so it would be even later that you can distinguish body parts, or even see movement at all?

edit:
sorry for posting sort of OT, but someone mentioned anterior placenta

When my bump gets hard, I can tell she's lying sideways but can't the body parts yet. I started seeing it move about a month ago. Can't wait to see body parts but my OH says it would be freaky :)

i cant wait to start seeing hands and stuff start poping out hehe. my oh reckens its gonna look lke somthing out of aliens haha.

Near the end I was mistaking strong Braxton Hicks with my LOs back across my bump. It felt like she was pushing outwards with her back. I didnt realised until they put me on a monitor one day and told me they were contractions!

iv not felt any actual body parts yet and im 30 weeks i feel her moving but dont know what parts it is!

xx

Near the end I was mistaking strong Braxton Hicks with my LOs back across my bump. It felt like she was pushing outwards with her back. I didnt realised until they put me on a monitor one day and told me they were contractions!

Scary! But BH are somewhat temporary right? they go away within 1-2 min? When she lies across (or that's what I think she's doing :), my tummy stays hard for a while.

They can last a lot longer than 1-2 mins. 5 mins plus sometimes. :) That's how you know they're not the real deal - they tend to be shorter than BH.

Would an anterior placenta make it so it would be even later that you can distinguish body parts, or even see movement at all?

edit:
sorry for posting sort of OT, but someone mentioned anterior placenta

It depends. I've got an anterior placenta but have been seeing my belly move for a few weeks- but I'm not sure if I'll be able to tell which parts are poking out further down the line because the placenta will cushion it if you know what I mean?

Oh well, I think I'll be satisfied with just seeing it move at all :)

how early will you see your stomach move when the baby is. usually when i feel the baby move and pay attention to it is at night when i cant rele see my belly move. i look forward to seeing it move and look forward to figuring out what is a bum and hands and what not

I still can't. I can make educated guesses because I have been told what part is where but you can't tell by looking or anything.

Cant figure out what is what yet but can sometimes see her move :dance:
Looks like a little ripple on my tummy
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back