When Do You Tell People?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Wobbles, May 22, 2007.

1. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

Was wondering when you girls would tell people? Obviously a few know but now I've had 2 scans a HB on doppler maybe it's starting to sink in & I'm hoping thats me out of the dark?

2. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

i wasnt going to tell anyone untill after 12 weeks but when i saw everything was ok on the 8 week scan i told everyone then. family members knew a bit before

x

3. Wobbles

You think now we're pretty much out of teh danger spot Layla? Some don't get scans til 12 weeks do they so we're prety lucky.

4. sophie

sophie Mum of 2 pg with no3!

Ive told my mum, MIL, an some of the girls! The way i look at it is if i have another m/c then i will need support so no point not tellin them! Wont be tellin anyone else just yet though!
    Whenever u feel ready hun u should start to tell people!
    x

Edit: i have also told the girl i work with cos we have heavy lifting with brochures etc, and ive told my manager for time off! LOL so pretty much everyone!

5. Dionne

Dionne Well-Known Member

i usually get over excited and tell every one the night i find out:blush:

but i think 12 week scan is the best time to then tell every one.
    my mum has always waited untill the 20week scan though

6. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

i think we are out of danger now yeah, for me i was praying to get past 9 weeks, i spotted at 9 weeks on Coby, he was fine, spotted at 9 weeks on the last - misscarried. so 9 weeks was teh hurdle for me.

x

7. MrsE

MrsE Well-Known Member

I told close family after our early scan at the EPU at 8 weeks showed a heartbeat.

Then I told friends and the rest of my family and work after 14 weeks as I had my 12 week scan at 14 weeks...silly hospital :wacko:

Cx

8. Dionne

Dionne Well-Known Member

i think it goes by youe personal cercumstances
    like for Layla 9weeks was a hurdle

for you wobs this is a hurdle coming this far

for me the 12 week scan is a hurdle

9. ablaze

ablaze lucky mum of one of each!

wenever you feel comfortable 2 hun!!!! :D

10. KX

KX Well-Known Member

Jesus Dionne ur mum must be lucky to hide a bump til 20 weeks! Is she a slim jim like you?x

11. Imi

Imi .

i told at 12 with lala ....

this one never really raved as it was a loss too, people kinda gradually found out.

xxx

12. Amanda

Amanda Mum of 3

I found out New Years Day, and told Kayleigh the next day, then the rest of the family, then told work on the first day back after the break!! Can't keep quiet - me!:rofl:

13. Wobbles

People say 12 days because its usually the first scan - is that right? 2 scans & the heartbeat on the doppler seems to be sinking in now so I'm wondering if I am indeed 'safe' I'm not still sat here with nothing wondering type thing.

Mind I'm a bit sad because I put a distance between me & my family ... so I guess theres not really anyone to tell other than friends & my OHs family already knew.

14. wannabmum

wannabmum Well-Known Member

Hi Wobbles,
    Sorry about your family I'm not close with most my family also but figure OH family great and have great friends around so that compinsates most of the time, Anyway I agree with the other girls about It's whatever time is rite for you, When I finally do get my BFP I would like to wait till 12 week but don't think could keep my mouth shut :rofl: :rofl: .

Stacey xx

15. Aquarius

Aquarius Well-Known Member

I'd never tell before 12 weeks. I'd tell my online friends but thats it.

MIL can't keep her mouth shut, so she has ruined her own fun! My FSIL got pregnant a while back and told her and she told EVERYONE in the whole wide world. A few weeks later they lost the baby and she had to call and un-tell everyone. So devastating.

Not only that, but the pregnancies go faster if you shave the first 3 months off it. A friend told me at 7 weeks and it felt like she was pregnant forever. But my cousin told me at 4 months and it felt like we didn't have to wait as long to meet her little man. It was more fun! I'm impatient. :p

16. Lauz_1601

Lauz_1601 Well-Known Member

I was coming up to 12 weeks when I told my mum! I couldnt bring myself to tell her becuase I was scared to how she would react. The first person to know was Dave obviously, then when I got a positive I went round to Tif's that day to tell her! think everyone else sort of figured it out when we went out for a night round town and I was driving haha, its not easy to come up with reasons why your not drinking.

I think to have come a long way Charl, this little bean is a perfect healthy little bean, so I guess its a case of telling people when you feel ready to. If you dont want to just yet, then dont x x x

17. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

i told my mum the day after i found out coz it was the day my brothers baby was born! and my oh rang his parents while they were on holiday in america the same day...

18. Dionne

Dionne Well-Known Member

its because the old wives tale is that it is bad luck to tell any one before 12 weeks.
    and chance of m/c decresses by an awfull lot after 12weeks

19. marley2580

marley2580 Well-Known Member

I told most people at 8 weeks, mainly because I was so sick that people were beginning to twig

20. Iwantone!!!

Iwantone!!! Well-Known Member

my mate told everyone at 5wks and last night shes spoted last night got a scan today baby died at 6wks she deverstated