When does cluster feeding stop?

NotNic

Mummy to 2 boys xx
Reaction score
I know there will be times such as growth spurts and when they are sick that they will want to nurse more, but in general when can I expect more regular, predictable feeds?

I seem to remember things got easier for me at 5 days, 6 weeks and 12 weeks. I think he clusterfed in the evenings til about 12 weeks but by then his feeds had become a lot more spaced out in the day time .
Xx

This is my thread from when ds was 5 weeks ...
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/breastfeeding/774896-cluster-feeding-normal.html
Xx

Thank you! I seem to remember enjoying DS1 more from 7wks bit no idea if that was the point cluster feeding eased or if maybe my nipples had healed at that point.

Really looking forward to more structured feedings. With a 2.5yr old as well a bit of predictability would make our days a little easier to prepare for and the heavy boobs are starting to get to me!

I think it was after 6 weeks with dd. Ds isnt really cluster feeding, which is odd to me as dd went 8 hours near enough straight at 3 weeks!

It's strange having two completely different feeders isnt it Super? It's like being a first timer all over again. DS1 ate a lot and for at least an hour for each feed. DS2 is far quicker 10-20mins with a couple of long feeds a day, but his cluster periods seem to go on for far longer - practically all afternoon there's the possibility he'll want feeding and will cat nap or be wide awake in between.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->