When does everyone have there Booking appt

mrs.humphreys

Mum of 3 with 1 cooking
Reaction score
Hi ladies
Just wondering how far along when you have your booking appointment with midwife?
I've just phoned my midwives as my referral was sent Monday morning by my doctor who wants me to have an early scan as she thinks I could be further along & I've not heard anything & apparently according to the receptionist my booking appointment won't be until I'm 12wks 6days!!
I'm sure it was a lot earlier then this with my previous pregnancies but my last 1 was 4years ago so I maybe wrong :-(
Thank you x

8/9w with this and previous babies.
12w6d seems awfully late id double check thats right.

I thought the exact same thing think if I've not heard anything by Monday I'll give them a call back my doctor put in the referral she wanted me to have an earlier scan as they don't know how far I am so I'd of thought they'd of seen me before 12w6days really x

My gp confused me by saying something similar but I just thought oh he means the scan rather than the booking in appt, but now maybe not?! Hope not its a bit more reassuring to see the midwife before the 12week scan.x

I've got the same midwife I had throughout my pregnancy with my daughter and I had her again through my last (short lived) pregnancy, so this time I just called her direct and booked in with her :) so my appointment is 8th may, il be six weeks xx

Yikes! I would die if I had to wait that long!! My dr wants to see us between 6-8 weeks for first ultrasound. I booked it for 7+1 because dd was behind in growing in the beginning and it was agony waiting a week to see if anything would develop. Even that seems like an eternity to me. I don't know how people wait til 12 weeks!!!

Yeh I don't really want to wait until then especially with not knowing how far I am, my 2nd son stopped growing at 35 weeks so with my youngest son I had to have extra scans & appointments to make sure it didn't happen again, I assumed that this pregnancy would be the same too x

Yeh I don't really want to wait until then especially with not knowing how far I am, my 2nd son stopped growing at 35 weeks so with my youngest son I had to have extra scans & appointments to make sure it didn't happen again, I assumed that this pregnancy would be the same too x

I'd definitely call the MW and speak with her about that so she can arrange extra care for you if needs be :)

My midwife came out to do a home visit / booking in appointment with me when i was 6 weeks. 12+6 seems a very long time to wait hun, you would have had your 12 week scan by then, so i would have thought you would have had to have seen your midwife by then as it was my midwife who sent off for my scan? xx

Yeh I thought that dani, if I've not heard anything by Monday then I will Definatly be calling them back, I'm guessing my hcg must be high to get them blaring lines, I've never had them that dark before, even my eldest was a very very faint bfp & I was 8 weeks then & the other 2 I was 5 & 6 weeks still never that dark so we'll just have to wait & see, how are you feeling? I'm exhausted today :-( I've been cleaning none stop & it's really tired me out! X

May 12th is my first appointment. I am 6 weeks right now, so I will be a little over 8 weeks when I see the doctor. When I initially made the appointment in April (after I found out), the girl on the phone said I couldn't come in until between 8-10 weeks for the heartbeat. Can't wait! :)

Hi ladies
Just wondering how far along when you have your booking appointment with midwife?
I've just phoned my midwives as my referral was sent Monday morning by my doctor who wants me to have an early scan as she thinks I could be further along & I've not heard anything & apparently according to the receptionist my booking appointment won't be until I'm 12wks 6days!!
I'm sure it was a lot earlier then this with my previous pregnancies but my last 1 was 4years ago so I maybe wrong :-(
Thank you x

Omg. I had that same issue on Monday. I'm like I thought I'm suppose to be seen btwn 8-10 weeks?!?! I called back on Tuesday and talked to another receptionist who scheduled for an early appt smh. With my first pregnancy five years ago I didn't have to wait that long. Maybe we jus been outta the pregnancy game too long hahahha.

Omg. I had that same issue on Monday. I'm like I thought I'm suppose to be seen btwn 8-10 weeks?!?! I called back on Tuesday and talked to another receptionist who scheduled for an early appt smh. With my first pregnancy five years ago I didn't have to wait that long. Maybe we jus been outta the pregnancy game too long hahahha.

I thought the exact same my youngest it 3 1/2 so I was thinking god things have changed haha at least it's not just been that's been out of it for a while x

I had my first scan at 8 weeks to confirm how far along I was. Then another scan at 9 weeks due to spotting. So that does seem really uncommon

Yeh my doctor put in the referral she sent over "urgent" "unknown edd" "needs scan ASAP to find out how far possibly further on" so I'd of thought that when a doctor puts that it needs to be done, with my last son I had to have extra scans & appointments as my 2nd son stopped growing (unknown why) at 35 weeks so I'd of thought I'd of needed the same this time.

If you are having the triple screening then scan needs to be done by 13w, so booking appt usually 8 weeks ish. I didn't even see my GP - are you supposed to? I just called up surgery and booked appt with midwife. Seeing at 7+5 as I'm on holiday week after and she's full week after that!

Where I am we book in and have our scan all in the same appointment. They used to do this around 10 weeks but now they do it at 12. I got an appointment for when I would be 12+3 but as I need genetic tests I rang up and they moved it forward to 11+3. Definitely chase it up and hassle them to move it forward if you want any tests done as you will be cutting it fine if you stick to your original date.

Where I am your booking appointment is around 10w, I have mine next Wednesday and I'll be 9+4. The midwife books your 12 week (dating scan) at this appointment. X

I got given a sheet with a list of expected appointments on by my doctors and it said booking in appointment between 8 and 10 weeks, I'm 9+5 and still haven't even heard off them for an appointment. I spoke to the doctors receptionist and apparently one midwife left, and another has been off sick, and they've only just replaced the midwife that left, so I have no idea when I'll hear off the midwife :(

Our midwives our seperate from the gps so id ask for he midwives number and contact them to see when your appointment will be. I was sent my maternity notes in the post to fill in and take with my to my booking appointment x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->