When does MS tend to go?

SonnyH

Reaction score
Oh god, morning sickness is kicking my bum this week :'( I'm 10+4). I can barely function with the nausea, it's totally overwhelming me :( I'm clinging onto getting steadily closer to 12-13 weeks and hopefully it going away but day to day it's honestly a struggle. I feel like such a fraud sometimes as I know people have morning sickness 100x worse than me but I have emetephobia and really struggle to cope with feeling sick in general let alone this extreme nausea! I'm on Ondanestron/Zofran but it's never really worked for the nausea, just the vomiting. Ugh :( sorry, mostly just a rant .. been a tough few days mentally.

Doc keeps telling me it'll pass around 12 weeks but online people seem to suggest more like 14-15 weeks - what's your experience from other children?

The anecdotes I've read suggest anything from 10 weeks to 16 weeks seems to be relatively normal, with 12 to 14 weeks probably being the mean. It's going to depend on when the placenta takes over and how sensitive you are to the hormones, as they could still be affecting you weeks later even though they've dropped a fair percentage.

My experience with this pregnancy so far is that my symptoms started to feel different around 10 weeks. The all day nausea started to ease only to be replaced by a strong tendency to throw up. I'm guessing the placenta is starting to do it's thing but I'm sensitive to it, too. Still hoping to feel better in a couple weeks. :haha:

EDIT: Read you have emetephobia, sorry if I was triggering. :X I don't have the phobia but I know how you feel on the difficulty getting through it mentally. I loathe nausea and the way it makes me feel. I'd rather take pain.

I'm 12 weeks and mine has gone from being horrific last week to much less noticable this week - now it gets worse as the day wears on but is broadly manageable. I think from memory last time by 15 weeks I was totally back to normal after it gradually fading for a few weeks before that.

Everyone's different but I think 14 weeks or there abouts is the average. Remember to keep eating! It really helps even when you don't feel like it at all!

Mine started to ease off noticeably at 10-11 weeks but I didnt feel "normal" until around 14 weeks. Hope it passes quickly for you

Normally for me it eases around 14 weeks but this time hasn't been as bad as usual for me hence me going for a scan today baby's fine and whilst it's not been terrible I.e not being sick it has noticeably eased the last few days and I'm 9 wks 1 day so I think it really can sissy ease up for u could be right around the corner u may start to feel better in next few day or it could be a week or 2 but I'm sure it won't be much longer,really hope you feel better soon x

Thanks ladies :) just gotta keep plodding on, is a rough ride this first trimester!

I think I'm pretty sensitive to changes in my body, I struggle with painkillers, just co-codemol makes me throw up! Doh! I've had some nasty experiences in hospital over the years when they've given me anything stronger! So I was totally expecting to struggle with hormones!

I'm still being sick at 19 weeks :-( , however it's definitely improved and I can at least eat & drink now, which makes me feel less nauseous. I started being able to eat again at 16 weeks.
I find when baby has a growth spurt I get bad but in between I'm fairly okay. Hope it stops for you soon!

First eased at 16 weeks and second at 14 weeks. My sickness is so much worse this time, I literally can't walk without bending over and can't be in the kitchen without feeling like im going to be sick! Only 7 weeks! :sad2:

Ugh, sounds horrible :( I'm with you on the kitchen, I can't open the fridge or go anywhere near if my other half is cooking! I'm 11+4 today and I'm having one of my better days thank goodness. It's been solidly awful for the last 7 days, so it is a relief to not feel right on the edge of being sick today! Still very queasy but more manageable! Today though I'm struggling with my colleague who has suddenly decided to start smoking :'( I'm so annoyed he's suddenly started right when I can't stand any smells :( He absolutely stinks, I'm finding it hard to deal with :(

With my first it was 16 weeks. I had that severe morning sickness I can't remember the name of so I was counting down the weeks, it was just awful. I felt fantastic afterwards. I have a friend with emetaphobia and she truly struggled with pregnancy and also when her kiddos were sick. I know it's hard and even anxiety inducing but you can get through this.

I had terrible morning sickness about a week and a half ago but since hitting 9 weeks, I can keep food down and only feel nauseous at night. I'm guessing my MS will continue to decrease the closer to get to second tri.

Well after I put it was easing up at 9 weeks I'm now 10 weeks and I actually feel worse this week so I take back it was getting better here's to hoping we all start to feel better soon hopefully by 12 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->