When Does the Bloat Go Away?!?

purelygemini

Reaction score
This question is for the ladies who are a little farther along in their first trimester...if you had really bad bloat in the beginning, when did it go away? Or did it just stick around until it turned into a baby bump?? Mine is crazy, it looks like I'm pregnant, I can't suck it in, and I normally have a somewhat flat stomach so I feel like this is a dead giveaway to people I'm trying to hide it from!

I had this with my second son and it's happening with this one too. With my 2nd it just turned into bump around 11 weeks ! But I got bigger way faster then with my first !

This is my third as well, I can't remember how I was with my last pregnancy since it's been over 10 years. But I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get bigger faster with this one, it seems like my ligaments have already loosened up and stretched out. It would just be nice to enjoy my normal stomach for a little while before it gets huge and stretched out lol!!

Lol yah I know , I remember with my 2nd I would wake up with a flat stomach then bloat throughout the day.. This one I have a serious bump by bedtime because I even wake up with a small bump!
I'm getting tired of sucking in all the time lol

:hi: Gemini! I'm following because as you know, I am in the same bloat boat as you!

My bloat was massive too. I am 12 +3 (pregnancy no. 10, hoping 3 rd baby). It's only now a bump. I normally have a flat stomach too. I was wearing loose floaty clothes,huge cardigans. Hiding it is very hard. I have one more week to try and hide as I want to wait till after my next scan. Good luck

My bloat was massive too. I am 12 +3 (pregnancy no. 10, hoping 3 rd baby). It's only now a bump. I normally have a flat stomach too. I was wearing loose floaty clothes,huge cardigans. Hiding it is very hard. I have one more week to try and hide as I want to wait till after my next scan. Good luck

So you just stayed bloated until it turned into an actual baby bump?? I'm trying to figure out if I should just brace myself for the inevitable lol...my clothes already don't fit and it feels way too soon to buy maternity clothes

With my first my blaot didn't go away until real bump showed at around 16-17weeks.

With this one I am really bloated and guessing I will be showing early.

I wish mine would go away, I am not ready for people to inform me that I'm "showing" yet, when I know it is just bloat, but I look really far gone. Got my first unsolicited "are you pregnant?" yesterday, but in a context where I've been asked before, despite it being just fat in the past (i work in mental health, we get all sorts of questions). There is absolutely no real bump there at all yet!

I still am getting bad bloating, when I wake up I look chunky but as soon as I eat it balloons and I look like 6 months pregnant :S I am still wondering when it will disappear and at this rate I don't think it will :(

:hi: Gemini! I'm following because as you know, I am in the same bloat boat as you!

The bloat boat is terrible!! Any luck with yours going away yet shellgirl?

Not really. I chug water every day and am trying to keep salt to a minimum, but it's still there. I'm living in maxi dresses and wearing a bella band with bottoms paired with flowy tops. Most of my clothes are fitted though so I feel like people just think I look fat now or something :nope:. I can't wait till we don't have to try to hide it anymore and can just rock out with our bumps out!

I'm 12+1 and finally for the last 2 days in the mornings my bloat has gone down. But by the evening it's back again!

With my first the bloat just turned into a proper bump at 14-15 weeks. I have NO idea how some women stay flat until 20 weeks?!

Hiding bump at work has been super hard pretty much since week 5!!!

My bloat is so bad, look so much further along than 7 weeks. With my first didn't have a hint of bloat/a bump till much later on.

I went from a positive test to looking 3 months pregnant overnight from the bloating! When I was just past 4 months, the bloat went down and I thought great, everyone is going to think I was pushing my stomach out to show it off, lol. I am now just past 17 weeks, and I think I look just about the same size as I did when I was 7 weeks. I did find that the peasant girl tops (like from Maurices) are cute and have the shape that hangs just enough to look cute with leggings and I can still hide it if I wanted with those shirts. Great shirts if you don't want to show for a while :)

Thanks for all your replies ladies, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've now just accepted that I'm probably going to have this bloat until it turns into an actual baby bump. Nothing fits me anymore and it's completely frustrating me. I'm going shopping tomorrow night to look for either looser, comfier clothing and/or maternity clothes that don't really look like it but will stretch with me the whole pregnancy.

With DS the bloat just stayed and eventually turned into a bump. Then again I started to show fairly early around 12 weeks.

I'm not looking forward to the bloating this time round, but with the amount of gas I've got it's going to start soon. :haha:

With our son I started bloating around 5-6 weeks and went to yoga pants and jeans and a Bella band when going out in public

This go round I'm ALREADY bloated! And I usually have a FLAT stomach with defined abs. I noticed it when my son and I went to my husband's work today and i was wearing a tight tank, and he doesn't even know yet! Luckily he didn't notice lol I think it'll probably stay until it turns into a proper bump. My uterus popped up around 10-12 weeks with our son so I'm curious if its going to show up earlier this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->