When does your Christmas tree come down?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
I'm thinking of taking ours down today or tomorrow!

Aww Bev already !!

Mine will stay up until next weekend ! Take it down ready for going back to work and school ! Some people were I live have already taken theirs down ! It’s so depressing !

Mine came down Christmas night. I took all my lights and outdoor decorations down and then just couldn't stop until it was all down and put away. I put my tree up before Thanksgiving this year, so after 5 weeks of a tree and all the decorations, I was ready to get my house back in order. I usually take it down the day after Christmas.

It always depresses me when the tree is up after Christmas and all the excitement is over. Took it down this afternoon and it's all away now. I'm enjoying the extra space, lol! :)

12th night normally, they go back to school on the 6th so the evening of the 5th will be the last time we have the lights on and I'll pack it up once they leave.

New Year’s Day at the latest. Probably take it down some point this weekend tbh. It’s been up since November.

Usually 1st January, I'd like the extra space back cent can't bring myself to take it down just yet!

Our tree is starting to drop it's needles so I did think about doing it yesterday (as rubbish went out today) but it wouldn't have been fair on the girls who wanted to play with their toys.

We're at my parents for the weekend so may do it Monday after work.

It is depressing when I have to take the decorations down, but I did it today as we are moving tomorrow (we full time travel in our RV) and it's easier if it is all put away first.

Our tree came down yesterday. Once the day is over I'm ready to get them gone and get back to normal! I still need to take all our wall hangings and ornaments down which I'll do today. I'd rather them be up for weeks and weeks for the build up than after the main event!

Usually until the first week of January, but I really want it down now, its giving me major anxiety because it's such a big tree I know the effort I will have to put in to take it down :haha:

Also does anyone love it when the christmas decs are down and the toys are put away it's like my living room is huge and so decluttered it looks bare but I love it that way :haha:

Usually until the first week of January, but I really want it down now, its giving me major anxiety because it's such a big tree I know the effort I will have to put in to take it down :haha:

Also does anyone love it when the christmas decs are down and the toys are put away it's like my living room is huge and so decluttered it looks bare but I love it that way :haha:

Yes the room looks so different when it's all put away doesn't it. Even more so when I was a child and all the ceiling decs came down too.

I love having my decorations up early December as there is always something Christmassy going on. Once it's over I can't wait to get it all back to normal.

One of our first jobs of the new year is to start sorting out the house. We plan to move at some point don't need to take all this stuff with us. Some stuff can be sold (Disney collection, Me2you bears and DH games collection) other stuff will be donated/given for free.
Also going to skim down some of my clothes/shoes and some of the girls toys.

I love the bare look too. Doesn't happen often enough in my house!

Oh god I hate taking the decs down and it looking so bare makes January more miserable! I have got some new frames to put up with pictures of the children to be printed so looking forward to that !

Same here. I hate January and February. Just want summer now! :)

Mine will stay up until the 6th I think. We usually leave it the traditional 12 days, and I'm sure the kids go back on the 6th

I don’t mind February as it’s FIL, DH and DD1s birthdays haha .

It’s Janaury brrrr

Oh I agree and don’t get me started on the wait for paydayyy !! How anyone does “dry January” is beyond me wih all the post Christmas stress but I do love Christmas ! Starting early for me next year ! Haha

Home tomorrow morning, got to pop to work for a few hours and hopefully DH will start on the tree. If not I'll start when I get home at about half 3.
I've loved being at my parents but I'm ready for my house, my bed and just to get things sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->