when don't you want your LO born?

Yes. Have two December daughters, so another and Xmas on top would be expensive! X

bebvern-thanks for ur input. I appreciate hearing about a Capricorn mother and Gemini daughter relationship :)

deffo not in june or july lol
june - FIL, friend, DD, OH, car tax,
July - Friend & car mot

would like a winter baby this time :) will be TTC from january!

thanks for the comment re: august - i live in Edinburgh but im english so im used to the english system of august 31st cut off for 1st sept start and i hant got my head round schooling here very well yet - it seems that things are a bit more flexable here so maybe school age doesnt matter so much - i just want to give my kid every advantage. still my dads birthday is christmas day and mine is jan 2nd so i know that xmas birthdats can be a bit rubbish but iv never known any different so i guess its not so bad!i think once we start TTC that will be it and we will be happy with what we get

Hi, yes Scottish schools are more flexible, there is a short window (I think it is six weeks between Feb and March) when you can choose if your kid goes to school or holds off. Myself and my boyfriend both fell within this six week window, there is 31 days between us yet he was the year above me at school, both through parental choice. I always felt at a slight advantage over my peers as I was always more mature in my decisions etc, and funnily enough I was always more friendly with kids who were older in the year (I would say about 70% of ny early primary school friends were Feb/March/April babies) whereas my boyfriends friends are all the youngest in their year! I was also one of the more academic kids in my year, whereas ny boyfriend wasn't as interested in school (probably a coincidence though)

As a teacher, there is definitely a clear difference in primary one as a year is 1/5 of their little lives, they change so much and i think a little extra year at home does then the world of good!

I honestly have no preference at all as far as birth month. My birthday is December 20th, and I have loved it all my life. I got twice as many gifts at Christmastime, always had a huge party because we were out of school for the holidays, and my mom always made a point to make it really special. I also always got a "little sister" gift on my sister's birthday in August. She was the youngest in her class but one of the best performing, btw.

When I have that sweet LO in my arms I won't care what month, year, or day it is!

You have the same birthday as me, and I've always liked it :) (although it is summer here then).

I don't really mind when my future babies are due, I would probably just prefer to not be heavily pregnant during the hottest part of summer.

I honestly have no preference at all as far as birth month. My birthday is December 20th, and I have loved it all my life. I got twice as many gifts at Christmastime, always had a huge party because we were out of school for the holidays, and my mom always made a point to make it really special. I also always got a "little sister" gift on my sister's birthday in August. She was the youngest in her class but one of the best performing, btw.

When I have that sweet LO in my arms I won't care what month, year, or day it is!

You have the same birthday as me, and I've always liked it :) (although it is summer here then).

I don't really mind when my future babies are due, I would probably just prefer to not be heavily pregnant during the hottest part of summer.

That's awesome!! There is one more girl on here who shares our birthday as well :D

We would like our next to be due around June/July time purely because our DS is an Oct birth and DD is a Feb birth so would be nice to spread them all out equally :) so looking.at next Sept/Oct trying :)

We would like our next to be due around June/July time purely because our DS is an Oct birth and DD is a Feb birth so would be nice to spread them all out equally :) so looking.at next Sept/Oct trying :)

We're the same - DD is Oct and DS is Feb so would ideally love a June/July baby for #3 but would settle for April - August tho :thumbup:

DD is a December baby so would prefer not to have another born that month as it's already so busy with her birthday and xmas but we won't put off trying in March if we're still TTC at that point, what will be will be :flower:

My eldest has a December birthday so would ideally prefer to not have another what with Christmas then as well and an ever expanding extended family! Also would want to avoid another baby due late August- mid September as would prefer there to be a minimal risk of them sharing a birthday with my youngest! As I would love to have 4 eventually I'd love to have a Spring baby and a Summer baby with my next 2 pregnancies! :haha: That way they'd be spread through the year!

That said, I know that I wouldn't be able to actively stop trying through November/December and March/early April so would just have to trust to nature/the gods to not send me babies at those times! :thumbup:

Beca :wave:

Any time of the year is a good time for me!

Our first baby is due in June!

the child's dad and I didn't think about when the baby would be due but focused on when to start trying

I would rather avoid having another July baby! But wouldn't mind too much!

I would like to avoid a september-february baby. Both for weather reason when born and because I have heard "older" children have a head start in school.

To be honest, I'm not really bothered. The only month where someone in our family doesn't have a birthday is June so maybe that would be nice. My sister was born in February and was the youngest in her year at school but did very well academically. I believe it's all about how much effort the parents put into their children in the years before school as well as good teachers. So I'm not planning on having my children based on when they'll be of school age.

I used to say I didn't want a baby in December because of Christmas. However, since then I have fallen in love with the name Noelle for a little girl but the OH says we can only use it if the baby is born in December. I'm torn! Haha.

I'm not fussed either. I've waited so long to ttc that when we get a bfp it can come anytime of the year it wants :D

I don't have a particular preference personally, although I can understand why someone would :)

I have one in Feb, July and November. I really wanted April next because most of the extended family have birthdays between august and november but we can't start TTC until my job is permanent in december. So I'm hoping for august/sept now.

I am avoiding December!

Both my children are 2 days apart in December and it is a nightmare, very hectic, people struggle to come to their parties because of the weather, they always get Christmas wrapping paper, so we are avoiding TTC in March!

Just won't be TTC in march because of the holiday season in December.
My bday is Dec 31 [new years eve] & i think i always got jipped on gifts lol ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->