When exactly to have sex - before, during, or after Ovulation?

Katy Bug

Reaction score
I knew it was important to have sex before ovulation but for a while I thought it was more important to have it on the day you're ovulating, but then I see where people say to have sex before ovulation, but also after?? I'm so confused..

When is the best time to do it to conceive? We've been trying for four months now, can't complain because we have our son already, but it's aggravating because of how tired he will be or he'll get in from work when our son is up so we can't do anything, and he goes to bed before our son. The only times we can dtd is on the weekends and my fertile period was all week long, already passed now.

Advice?

I would say all three, to be honest. Only because there is no real way to determine when exactly you ovulate and when the egg is no longer viable.

Look up the SMEP method hun :)

In order to ensure sperm and egg meet, you will “try” every other day starting on the eighth day of your cycle. The timing of this is based on how long sperm live, realistically a few days under ideal conditions. On the tenth day of your cycle you will begin daily testing with OPKs (ovulation prediction kits) and upon receiving a positive OPK you will “try” 3 more days in a row. Skip one day and give it one more try.

Then the waiting begins… if your period has not arrived 15 days after your positive OPK, take a home pregnancy test. It may be tempting to test early, as some home pregnancy tests now can detect a positive as early as 8 days past ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->