When is the best time for baby dance?

Twinklewoo

Reaction score
Sorry to be so dim, but please can you ladies help as I am rubbish at this...

My last 2 cycles have been 32 and 33 days, before that it was about 29 days, I read somewhere that you ovulate 14 days before your AF, regardless of how long your cycle is - is that true? only my menstral calender is telling me to BD today, but it is predicting a 30 day cycle - if I am 33 days again then my peak time will be in a couple of days - is this right?

Sorry to ask stupid questions, just trying to get to grips with it all!

thanks
xxx

no..its not always true...its only a extimated guess.

if you want to find out the right time to ovulation..you can chart your temps every month, use OPKs and check your CM.

when you are unsure...its best to bding every day or every second day during the 7-10 day period in which you are fertile. that way you know you dont miss it.

sperm can live up to five days in your body but they will die off quickly if the sperm dont have the right cm. the fertile cm that you are looking for is watery or ewcm.

to find out your approximate ovulation date...there are ovulation calculators online.

good luck!

I heard a dr on television saying the same about ovulating 14 days before the first day of your next period - regardless of how long your cycle was.

Don't know why he would lie on national tv!! But i agree with mslesley about bding for around a week to make sure it's covered!
x

Thanks for your replies, there just seems to be too many answers to every question lol. I think I will do as suggested and just keep at it around that time!!! Hopefully we can't miss every time!!
:)

I heard a dr on television saying the same about ovulating 14 days before the first day of your next period - regardless of how long your cycle was.

Don't know why he would lie on national tv!! But i agree with mslesley about bding for around a week to make sure it's covered!
x

They say it because they run with the average, but a "normal" luteal phase can be anywhere between 12-16 days, and idealy you want to have some :spermy: in there waiting on the egg to be released.

So ideally if you have a 16 day LP and a 32 day cycle you'd be hoping to DTD 18, 17, 16, & 15 days before your period is due... But if your LP is only 12 days that would move to 14, 13, 12, & 11 days before.

(I generally go with 2 days before OV, 1 day before OV, day of OV & day after OV)

The good news is that your LP stays pretty stable, so if you temp one month you should be able to see how long your LP is, and then work it out from there. Unfortunately stress can delay ovulation by quite a bit, so there is no really way of knowing if you ovulate on the expected day without either temping (which will tell you after) using OPKs (which will tell you before) or a combination of both (which is what I used).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->