When is the time right?

sunshine2014

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

So I have a 9 month old right now. She is a DREAM!! She has slept through the night since 5.5 weeks. She now sleeps 11 hours at night and has 2 solid naps of 1.5-2 hours everyday. She is always happy, plays by herself and spends hours looking at her books. She only cries when she has a bubble. She's literally a dream baby and so, so, gentle.

I had two mcs before having her, and we want our next one close in age to baby girl. I'm torn about when to ttc next. I'm 80% ready, but the 20% of me is feeling worried that I won't be able to give baby girl all the attention she deserves. I'm also kinda convinced our next one won't be as good of a sleeper lol. Am I overthinking it? How do I know when the time is right?

Wow she does sound like a dream baby! I guess the decision was easier for me since my 11 month old has been a little night terror up until last month haha! I've had the worst of it so it can only be better with #2 fingers crossed!
I don't think there really is a right time though, just works when it happens! I'm ttc #2 starting Feb next year so there will be a 2 year gap but I just had a bit of a scare thought I was pregnant now and figured it would be ok too!

I'm jealous of your good sleeper! Lol. It took us a year and a half before DS would even remotely sleep through the night so that made our decision easier :) my recommendation is if you want them close in age, to start trying sooner than later. We got preggo with #2 the same month DS turned two. First tri was SO much harder this time and trying to chase a toddler around made it 10x worse than it already was. If we decide down the road to have another, I'm waiting until they are closer to three before trying.

As for those feelings of guilt, I struggled for the first 10 weeks with how another baby will change DSs routine and my alone time with him. Once I saw baby and felt early flutters those feelings faded. My point is, those feelings likely will not go away and you will have to work through them, no matter when you decide to try.

Ultimately you're the only one that can know for sure. But to me, if you want a close gap and she is sleeping so well now, I would go for it. Get through first tri with more downtime.before she drops to one nap or if she starts changing her patterns.

And as for the next baby, you just never know! You could be blessed with another good sleeper or get one like mine that was terrible (he's amazing now with 10- 12 hrs at night and a 2 hour nap). Unfortunately there is just no way to know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->