When should I go and see my Dr?

susan_1981

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
I got my BFP on a CB digi on Thursday. Just wondering when I should book an appointment to see the doctor. Also, what do they do when you go for your first appointment?

I went and saw my doctor at about 5 weeks to confirm pregnancy, And he said to phone back in 2 weeks if everything is still ok as its very early on. So I rang back and he put me in touch with a midwife, she rang me the following day and I had my 1st appointment with her which is the booking appointment where they do your bloods, weight/height, family history etc
Everywhere is different though but its so exciting :) Makes it all seem so real!
Xxx

I also got my BFP on Thursday so I called my dr on Friday to ask when I should schedule an appointment (explaining that it's still very early.) They told me to come in for my first prenatal visit next week and then they'd take it from there.

It really depends best bet is to call a doctors office and find out, however I find that you really know if your doctor is right for you or not at the first appointment, if he/she isnt you have plenty of time to find a new one.

You'll walk out of your first appointment with alot of information, giving alot of information and feeling like a test rat with blood that they take.

Here we dont really need to go to the doctor, i did all he did was give me the phone number for the midwife, you see them at 8 weeks for the first time they just go through you history with you, send off for an appointment for you first scan and make you an appointment for your next, nothing much really happend, that was mine anyway!

i've been told not to see a doctor....?? i phoned my surgery on thurs and the receptionist said do ya wanna keep the baby and i was liek YEAH!!! so she said not to bother seeing the doc and made me a midwife appointment there n then ??? is this usual????

sara

xxxxxxxx

i just rang up for a doctors appointment did not tell them what it was about and got in the same day so if you are someone who worrys alot that might be your best bet they will do there own test results in 2-3days then they book your mw appointment quicker.... well mine did anyway good luck with your pregnancy

i've been told not to see a doctor....?? i phoned my surgery on thurs and the receptionist said do ya wanna keep the baby and i was liek YEAH!!! so she said not to bother seeing the doc and made me a midwife appointment there n then ??? is this usual????

sara

xxxxxxxx

Yep, as i said above...you really dont need to see the doc theres nothing they do! if youv took a test and its pos then its straight to the MW

some of you dont have to see a doctor??? If I went with Midwife I'd have to pay out of my pocket (can be expensive) So we stuck with the same doctor who delivered Carlee.

I went at 4.5 weeks. The doctor didn't really do much, took our history, asked what hospital we wanted to deliver at and sent me for bloodwork

i went on friday, only found out i was pregnant on wed. All she said was ok, book an appointment with the midwife. And now thats not untill the 17th. depends on the doc i reckon bec my sis in law had most her appointments with her doc

Here in the uk it tends to differ according to where you live. Where i live you HAVE to see your gp and they then refer to you the mw. You are not allowed to book straight in with mw. Other areas you can book in with the mw straight away. Also some gp's do a test to confirm but others just take your word that your hpt was a bfp!

Booking in appts with the mw also vary from area to area. Some do them quite early, before your 12 wk scan (if you get one in your area!). Others do them after 12 wks.

Best thing to do is ring your surgery and just ask who you need to see x

Once I chose a doctor I called and they told me she didn't want to see me until 12 weeks. I would just call and ask when they want you to come in.

Most of my care is with my doctor. I only see a midwife twice. I went to the doctors late at about 10 weeks and I nearly didnt get booked in for my CST scan. I would make an appointment now if thats what you need to do to be referred to the Midwife. I couldnt just book in with the midwife myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->