When should I start doing OPKs

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
:wave: I'm hoping someone can help. I haven't got much of a clue what I'm doing when it comes to OPKs.
I'm on cd1 of my first cycle after implanon removal. I'd started having AF in May and have been averaging about 21 days. Based on this when should I start doing the OPKs?
Am I right in thinking I'll O around cd7? Meaning my fertile days will be in a few days time and I'll probably still be bleeding so won't bd and miss it :( ugh.
Any advice would be appreciated at this point. I've just ordered 20x one step lh strips from Amazon that say they'll arrive by 20th. Are they any good?
I want to make sure I'm doing things right as I was off depo for 3 years before conceiving my son and really don't want it to take as long this time around!

My cycle was 24 days this time, so I worked out I should ovulate around cd10 I'm in cd 8 today and started tests yest but still negative.Ive started temping though too as been TTC 2 for 2cycles and tests haven't shown positive :( Im also observing my discharge too!Also I hear that fmu isn't Alwasys best time to do tests and some people recommend twice a day! If temping doesn't help this cycle also I'm starting to think I may not be ovulating

I would start around day 6 to compare... generally 14 days before period starts but it can vary.. i keep my sticks so i can compare darkness' x

Hiya, I too have only just started using opk sticks and like you one step. This is my first month so I start pretty much straight after my af finished just so i knew what to look out for leading up to ovulation. I'm
Now on cd 14 and looking back could of probably started testing cd 10 at least. In my opinion the one step strips are good and quite easy to read although having some difficulties with the darkness/thickness of the line and deciding weather or not I got a +ive. So if I don't care conceive this month ( hopefully we do) then I might consider getting the opk that have a smiley face rather than reading and guessing the lines.

Here's hoping October is our month :) xx

Thanks for the replies ladies. The reviews on one step seem mixed but on my first cycle doing opk I didn't want to spend lots and they have cost under 4 pounds for 20 so I can't complain I'll try them out. If they aren't very good I'm going to look into the clear blue too as it's much easier to read a smiley face!
I'm going to start doing them Saturday I think on cd5 as long as AF has slowed/stopped, seems early but I don't want to miss the gap! I'll be disappointed if I'm Oing too early as I really don't want to be bding whilst the witch is around and we'll miss our chances unless we do!
Fingers crossed for this cycle for all of us :)

When I conceived my son the clearblue worked great for me but this time around I've fell out with them as never got my surge, but that's just cus of my experience, think cheaper ones will work well and also temping, ive got the fertility friend app now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->