When should I test?

halei2715

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm pretty sure we're in the 2ww period. Day 10 (beginning of ovulation?) was February 26 and day 20 (end of ovulation) will be tomorrow, March 7. When should I test? Only when I have symptoms...?

I would wait until af is a day late. Nothing worse than test in the morning and af in afternoon lol

After all my months ttc so far I say wait until af is late. It's so hard I know. We all sympathize and have all fallen trap to testing early. Especially when you see the ladies getting a positive at 9 or 10 dpo. but I have found that af, for me, is right on time (I think due to the femara). she always shows her head on cd35 or 36.

for me as well, due to my longer cycles, my tests don't come up positive so early. When I got my one bfp I didn't get a second line until 13dpo. And it wasn't until 14 dpo that it was one anyone else but me could see in real life.

Because there is no real way of knowing when you implant or how much hcg you start with or how it is doubling etc..it's just best to leave it until you are late. Saves you money, saves you ambiguity and a whole wack load of stress.

That's the difficult part... My period has to be induced by Provera. It won't come on its own... So I technically don't know when AF should come. We generally start Provera on the 1st of every month.

Not sure what you mean by "end of ovulation", but it usually takes at least two weeks after ovulation before a positive is possible. So if you ovulated day 10, I'd say test starting day 24.

Agreed, can you clarify what you mean by beginning and end of ovulation? You have your estrogen surge and your lh surge and then O, which all courses over days, but a 10 day hormone surge seems a bit much. Are you temping? Using opks?

Day 10 seems a bit early for an O, so I would go Day 34 which is probably AF is late. But I agree there is nothing shittier than testing early and seeing all those bfns. Every month I say I won't do it, but once you break the early testing seal there is no going back. I've had early bfps, but only when I was carrying twins or suspected twins. So my advice is to save the anxiety and money, and wait until af is due. FXed!!!!

do you know for sure if you are ovulating on your own? If you don't get a period on your own it is unlikely you are. Are you getting a progesterone test done to verify?

Are you tracking how long your periods are? What is your cycle length?

If you are creating a 28 day cycle then, if you ovulated, you may have ovulated on cd14-16. The problem with you continually inducing your periods and not waiting until cd 35 is that you have no way of knowing if it is late and provera is a no no when pregnant.

do you know for sure if you are ovulating on your own? If you don't get a period on your own it is unlikely you are. Are you getting a progesterone test done to verify?

Are you tracking how long your periods are? What is your cycle length?

If you are creating a 28 day cycle then, if you ovulated, you may have ovulated on cd14-16. The problem with you continually inducing your periods and not waiting until cd 35 is that you have no way of knowing if it is late and provera is a no no when pregnant.

No... Not really. We just know I have follicles that should produce eggs, based on their sizes. I've read about a trigger shot. Is that something I could ask for?

No... We aren't tracking my periods. It's difficult to do so. My cycle length varies. Sometimes 35-42 days.

What I would first do is start to take your temperature each morning. This way you will have a reasonable assurance if you are ovulating. You may also want to ask your doc to give you a progesterone test each month. They just draw your blood and check your progesterone levels and it will tell you if you ovulated or not. It is supposed to be 7 days past ovulation but if you aren't sure then you can start around 14-16 day prior to cd1. So if your last cycle was 35 days count back 15 days and go on whatever day that is on the next cycle (so day 20). It may or may not be accurate. I have 35 day cycles and I ovulate on cd17-19 depending on the cycle and so my progesterone won't show I ovulated on cd 20 but it will on cd 24 or 25. but it's a start to see where you may be at.

usually before doing a trigger shot they try a pill like clomid or femara to see if that gets you ovulating. Most doctors want it to be done as natural as possible. at least until that option is a no go and you have to move on. It's also cheaper for the patient.

So
1) get a basal body thermometer and start taking your waking temp every day (same time each day and take it before doing anything, even peeing)
2) track it and your period and anything else (particularly your cervical fluid) on an app like Fertility Friend.
3) Talk to your doc about progesterone test (should be 7dpo so get a basic requisition and go in and do it 7 days past temp spike..if no spike by day 20 go in anyway. some times the spike isn't big and can be missed).

that should get you started. You need to know for sure if you are ovulating. otherwise it's all moot. If you aren't then you need to fix that. if you are it could just be timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->