When should you start temping prior to trying?

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
My husband and I recently had a miscarriage :cry: But we want a baby so badly (not to say that his baby will be forgotten, because that could NEVER happen, we loved that baby more than anything). Anyways, due to insurance issues, we now have to wait until summer 2010 to start trying. I was wondering though, when should we start temping and charting? I know its good to do it a few months prior to TTC so that you can get a pattern going and now when you Ov. But when should we start that process again? :shrug:

You can start when ever you want to. Most people usualy start 3-6 months before.

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss. I started charting/temping a little over a year ago and we will start TTC Feb. 2010. I have learned so much about my cycle and am very glad I started when I did.

Hi Guppy

I suppose it depends on the reasons why you would want to chart.

I started charting in 2007 even though we are not TTC until April 2010. Had some problems with scans of my overies and wanted to keep track of my cycles. Have learned loads about my cycle and I am reassured each month with my temperature, mucus and OPK. Fertility friend is also useful to keep an online track. I imagine that people can become quite obsessive about charting and that's probably not good.

Hope this helps in some way.

I'm just starting temping to get to know my cycle better because its always been iffy and just to learn more about myself. I think its just when you want to but of course like 3 months before to get in a habit of it

Thanks girls,

I actually did charting on FF in August. It was my first month off BCPs and it was a "hit or miss" kind of deal. If we didn't get pregnant that month (which we did) then we wouldn't have been able to until summer 2010 (looks like we are back to square one). Anyways, we charted that month and got pregnant that month. We charted to keep our chances up. So i am familiar with FF. It was good. Its just now, I have to plan it, where before we didnt. I do have to admit though, i think i was kind of obsessed over it. Every night i looked forward to going to bed just so I could temp...thats nuts now that i think about it. But maybe it will be different since we wont actually be trying for a couple of months. Thanks ladies.

I havent started temping yet, and I will be TCC this summer as well. Thank you for the post, I had the same question, although I think I was going to try to do some more research on it and start after the first of the year. It would really do me no good now, as I am still on the pill unfortunately..

My temps were CRAZY when I came off the pill. Here's a link to my "old" chart.
[url=https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/289220]My Ovulation Chart[/url]

wow, that does seem crazy, and I really dont even know what to look for:) Are you supposed to BD when your Temp spikes?

All the more reason for me to get off NOW. (I have another thread about trying to convince DH to let me get off BCP..)

you're supposed to :sex: before your temp goes up for 3 consecutive days. but if you werent temping before, you probably wouldn't know well enough to :sex: Thats why you should temp prior to T2C. I also found OPKs to be helpful, though stressfull when the damn thing would go positive LOL :rofl:

yeah. Hopefully this will cut down on the :sex:! LOL I mean its good and all, but everyday for almost a month?! Ugh! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->