When Should You Test?

PortlandGirl

Reaction score
I honestly am planning to start DPO 9 with cheap tests and I hope to see something early. I am currently DPO 2 and I am itching to test but I know it will be a BFN.

So the question is When Do YOU start testing? Do you ever start SUPER early ?

I try to hold out until 8 dpo, but sometimes as early as 6. :blush:

Well... my DH tells me not to test until AF is due but... he does not understand how much we girls are just dying to know whether we're pregnant or not. I would say 9 dpo is a good start. That was the earliest I've ever had a bfp with a super, super early 10 miu pregnancy test strip. Even on FRER I usually don't get a bfp until 10/11 dpo. This time I plan to test this weekend when I'll be about 9/10 dpo.

My first cycle I tested at 10 DPO and got a BFN. It was horrible and I was sad, and when AF showed it gutted me again. It was like instead of being excited about the possibility over the 14 days of the TWW, I was excited for 10, then miserable for 5 waiting for AF to crush my dreams.

I haven't again tested early. I wait for AF. I assume if she doesn't show on day 16 of my LP (the longest I've had is a 15 day LP), THEN I'll pull out a test. Maybe. I really hate heartbreak :(

I start around 6 DPO with cheapies then switch to FRERs at 8 DPO. I've gotten a clear positive with both pregnancies at 9 DPO with a FRER. :flower:

Technically you can test whenever you want ;) Some women can get a very light bfp as early as 9 dpo I've heard. Then again some women don't get a bfp until a week after their missed period. I used to test around 8-9dpo, well knowing that it was still early. But after a few emotional months, I am much more relaxed about the whole thing and don't test until right before Af is due.

I'm definitely guilty of being a serial tester! I can never wait lol but I should know better, both because the tests are expensive and based on the two times I got pregnant last year, it takes quite some time before I get a BFP. I feel like I should wait until a good number of days after a missed AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->