When the ladies with long cycles got their bfps!

Ouch! I had pain kind of like that where I couldn't stretch my belly the first few days after my BFP but it hasn't come back since.

How cute about the onesies! Are those the first baby clothes you've bought? I haven't bought anything for baby yet. I probably won't until at least after my ultrasound and I see something in there :).

I've bought a couple other small things, but not much, I did the same thing, went out and bought a couple things after my first ultrasound.

Dr said my pain may be worse because I have scoliosis. He said I need more supportive shoes or I will end up in a lot of pain! Not looking forward to that. He also said I have an anterior placenta so I won't feel the baby kick as early.

When do you go for next Dr apt?

Anyway, time to go to work. My report cards are due today. It's going to be a mad dash right to the end of the day to get them in on time!

Hey! Sorry for the late reply. Aw bummer that you won't feel the baby kick as early. And I'm sorry about your pains. :(

I have my first prenatal appointment on July 6. It's been taking forever to get here, but I'm glad now I didn't get an early ultrasound like some other ladies on my February board because many of them went through some panic when they couldn't see a heartbeat or a fetal pole (whatever that is). And the doctors would make them worry that maybe it's not progressing, and they'll have to wait and see. Thn they'd go back in a week later and everything would be fine. 12 more days to go for me.

I'm not sure if you saw, but we told our families on Sunday and it was THE BEST. My Mom was so surprised and happy and every time I think about it I smile really big. They all had no idea we were trying. And my mom was even thinking that maybe I'd chosen my career over family, and she didn't know when we'd have kids. I've gotten texts from her, my dad and my sister in the last couple of days just checking in. It's been great :)

Still not much on the symptom front. I have had a teeny bit of nausea a couple of times this week, so more frequent, but it's barely there to where I wouldn't even notice if I was focused on other things. Yesterday my heightened sense of smell was very noticeable, but today not so much. My uterus feels firm when I press on it lightly. Sometimes I worry this is all in my head!

Aww that's so exciting! Sounds like it was great telling your family. How long ago did you guys get married?

My heightened sense of smell was off and on at first too. Sounds like everything is going well!

I'm visiting my husband now! So good to finally see him!

I've had some of the exhaustion back last couple of weeks. But not too much else going on now.

Hi!! You might see my post on our other thread, but I had my first appointment today and it was awesome!! Amazing to see the baby's heart beating so strong and loud :). They gave me a due date of Feb. 11, just 2 days after my original so I'm keeping it at Feb. 9 for now. It was so hard for her to get a clear measurement when the baby is so little :).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1
Aww that's so exciting! Reassuring to know baby is doing well too!

Have you had any other symptoms?

Thank you! I still feel pretty normal. I did have my first instance of RLP over the weekend when I was getting out of my car, but nothing since. Actually symptoms have lightened up over the past few days. I do still feel gassy and now I'm having slight constipation, and some mild cramping sometimes. I felt a tiny bit nauseous this morning. But at least I had a scan yesterday so I know my little blob looks strong! I'm thinking of telling work in the next week or so. We told more family yesterday with the ultrasound pic. Also we think we'll do the blood test and scan to check for birth defects so that we can plan. I figure I'd rather know and plan. We're not high risk so I think it would help ease my mind to have a good result. And also it would let me have another scan sooner because my next regular appointment isn't until Aug. 14!

I'm so glad you got to see your hubby last week! How much longer will he be away? I've been tired some days too. Saturday I was particularly sleepy but felt more normal since then.

Everything is sounding great with you! I started to tell work after my scan at 10+5, so probably around 11 weeks is when I slowly started telling coworkers that I was closer with.

I'm starting at a new school next year, it's a permanent position. And I think the principal there isnt thrilled that I'll be going on mat leave, which is ridiculous. Usually in the teaching field they are so family and kid friendly! I haven't officially told her yet and I haven't met her in person so she hasn't seen my baby bump, but I got the impression she knew and was not happy. I had my dad help me move my stuff to the new school today and even though my dad helped I think I did too much. My sides are really sore and I am worn out. We also moved dresser and bookshelf at my house so that I could start setting up a baby bookshelf and put the lower dresser in the room that will be the baby's room. So now I just want to start moving things around and set up the bookshelf but had to stop myself so I don't overdue it all in one day.

Are you starting to show at all yet?

Dh is away for another month still :( can't wait till he's home! I don't think he wants me to rearrange any of this furniture while he's gone. But he's gone so long! I need to be able to do some things while he's away to busy myself and get excited for the baby!

Are you going to find out if you're having a boy or girl?

Sorry for the delayed reply. I actually did a long reply last week but BnB ate it! I hate that.

I ended up telling my boss and two coworkers yesterday. They are so supportive and excited, so that's a relief! I'm so sorry your new principal is acting all weird and cranky about your pregnancy. That's so not fair. I guess because she doesn't know you she probably is just thinking about the extra work to get a replacement during your maternity leave. Hopefully she'll warm up to you once you get to know each other a little. Congrats on the permanent position! And yes, try to take it easy with the furniture moving :). Glad your DH will be home in a few weeks and you'll get the baby's room all set up!

Yes I'm showing early, especially in the afternoon and evening my stomach definitely sticks out. My sister was the same way. So I'm really glad my coworkers know so I don't have to dress in loose tops and stuff so much. It all feels like a food baby because it's mostly bloat. I also bought my first maternity dress pants! Not needing to wear them yet, but they were so cute and cheap and will be great for work. Also haven't gained any pounds yet. I also ordered a Doppler so I can check the heartbeat over the next few weeks until my next appointment. It's unnerving that my symptoms have eased up - haven't had any nausea in a week and a half. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.

Yes, we want to find out! I have no idea one way or the other at this point, but we're hoping for a girl.

Hope you're doing well this week and staying busy :).

Glad you're doing well!

Yeah my last school was really supportive, I'm sure all the other staff will be at this school. I actually worked there a couple years ago so I know the staff better than the new principal does.

I felt like I showed early too. I'm huge now! How many weeks are you now?

I was gaining fine, but just had my apt this morning and had massive gain :( wanted to cry. I feel like a whale now. I blame all the travelling I've been doing and all the restaurant food. So bad. Just makes me feel even huger. I've only gained in boobs and belly, but I guess it's still bad, it'll be more to lose after baby. The numbers also scare me. And dh is busy losing all this weight at his training and here I am getting bigger and bigger. Not feeling great today :( ugh...

My first ultrasound is tomorrow. I'm super nervous about everything being okay with baby. And I'm not looking forward to the tests and exams of course. No matter what happens tomorrow our lives are changed forever. <3

Let me know how the ultrasound goes! Thinking of you!

I'm sure it will be fine. You've had strong symptoms. I hated the gestational diabetes test.. Ugh. 2 hours, fasting, gross drink and blood drawn.

Thank goodness baby is doing amazing!

There is just one baby contrary to my instincts lol. The heartbeat was 169bpm. According to a hb gender calculator it's guess was a girl. I have full story in my journal. We told our families and announced it on Facebook with a cute little picture. I thought it would seem more real now but it doesn't. :/ But I love my little smidge so much :cloud9: <3

Oh my due date is now March 7th. Even though I am 99% sure on the day I ovulated baby measured 3 days ahead. Better ahead then behind!

A few people have told me they think I'm having a girl already. We will see if they're right in a couple months!

How was your gd testing?

Attachments

• CYMERA_20150730_203613.jpg
    CYMERA_20150730_203613.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 0
Aww so exciting! So happy everything is good! Yes heart rate sounds like girl!

Although mine was always above 140 and I'm having a boy! Haha. It has never been that high though!

Any other symptoms?

GD testing was not fun :( ugh. I was already starving by the time it started! And the drink is so gross. No call today though so hoping that's good news!

I'm just having stretching pains and tiredness. Yesterday NOTHING sounded good to eat. Then once I started eating dinner it was like I had awoken the hungry beast inside of me :haha:

Was the glucose drink flavored? I hear certain flavors are worse then others.

Idk about you but now that I'm pregnant when I get hungry or tired it simply cannot wait. I need food or a nap ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->