• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

When to announce pregnancy?

C

camila88

Hey ladies!

So last Saturday I found out i was pregnant and yesterday at 5w+5 we saw two sacs on the scan! it's twins :happydance:!!! anyway, before we knew it was twins we decided to announce my pregnancy at around 12 weeks, but now i'm not sure if i can hide my bump till then haha not sure how fast it's going to grow, but my best friend had twins last year and when she was 7 weeks pregnant her belly already looked like mine when i was 16 weeks pregnant with my son :D she could have NEVER hidden her 12 week bump!

so i was wondering - when did you guys announce your pregnancies? And any twin mommies here who are/were in the same situation i am? :D :baby::baby:

Maybe just wait and see how you grow??
i think 5 weeks its too early to tell anyone who 'doesnt need to know' (like distant friends, family)
but like, parents, siblings etc you could tell? only you can decide really.

Saying that, im not having twins (as far as i know) and ive got an obvious tum on me now, i had to tell work anyway because we work with chemicals and i have heart issues.

like i said, only you can decide :)

The first time we had a mc at 8 weeks and wed already told family and close friends so was really hard to tell people.

Second time we told after our 12 week scan and it was really hard but was much better for me doing that.
Saying that I never had twins but I could have hid my 20 week bump!

My twin bump was not noticeable at 12 weeks, not sure what happened with your friend but even with twins 7 weeks they are seed size and not likely to look like a bump, I think you can safety hide it.

As for when to tell, it's up to you, I don't like people knowing because we have lost a baby already and having to un-tell people is horrible, with my twins I didn't tell many people until I was at least 12 weeks still, and the chances of losing a twin is high, it's called vanishing twin, and it happens a lot, so I didn't want to tell and then have to say we lost one or both.

I tell my mum every pregnancy, and my best friend knows, mostly because I have hideous nausea and it would be hard to hide from them and because if I lost it then they would be excellent support.

Anyway, with the doom and gloom out of the way, there is no hard and fast rule about when the say or not, it's completely up to you, most ladies wait to announce after the 12 week scan because the risks are less and they have a scan picture to share, and the scan shows all is well. But you can say at any time.

Yay twins! How exciting :) idk if I'm having twins but I'd say no bc my hcg is kinda too low for that. It's early but I had to tell my job bc it's unsafe for me to do certain things while pregnant. I told them I was cautiously pregnant and they put me at a safer post and I'm gonna be on light duty starting at 12 weeks. I also told my mom and sisters bc I was infertile and this was a huge shock. That's it. It just depends on there circumstances I guess. :) and congrats :)

I just found out, so I have no idea what we are having, but we told our parents, siblings, and BEST friends the very first day. We are so excited, and don't want to be negative about what could happen. If we lose the baby, these people would be the people that would be comforting me, so I don't feel bad about telling them. Everyone is different! It's up to you.

I have told close family and a couple of my best friends but that's it. I'm currently pregnant with twins but my early scans look like one of them isn't viable and may vanish. For that reason, I haven't even told family members or my friends that it's in fact twins. I don't want them to get excited about it. It's a bit of a tough conversation so I'm just waiting to see what happens. So if you do tell some ppl maybe hold off on the twin part till you've seen heartbeats and such. Not trying to scare you or anything - just depends on how much of a sharer you are. I'm pretty reserved that way.

ETA - I'm 9 weeks with twins and I don't have much of a belly. Certainly nothing anyone would notice. I imagine at 12 weeks I might have a little pooch by then. Still wearing my jeans but they're getting pretty tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"