When to announce?

purplespecs

Reaction score
With my DS we announced my pregnancy to everyone once we'd had the 12 week scan and we knew all was ok (immediate family knew from about 5 weeks). This time round I've had a bleed so had an early scan today at 8w+5 and everything was fine, we saw baby and a lovely little heartbeat :cloud9:

So I'm just wondering when is best to announce as I'm in a bit of a dilemma about it - I'm dying to announce now we know all is ok and the statistics are good, or should I wait til the 12 week scan just incase? What would you ladies do?

I know viability increases greatly at 12 weeks but I couldn't wait, I am an open book so we just announced it and I told DH if something happens than that's what was meant to be and we will just have to try again. but every person is different my best friend found out she was expecting at the same time I did, she decided to wait to announce and she has since had a MC, so it is all about personal preference and I would talk to DH and ask his opinion.

I have a scan tonight and, if all is okay, I'm not sure I can hold it in any longer! :wacko:

With DD I waited until my 12 week scan and made sure everyone knew that need to knew before I put it on Facebook. Only because my SIL didn't tell her OH brother before she put it on Facebook and that ended up in a massive argument!

But as your OH how he feels about it an and go from there x

Withmy first we got an 8w scan and I told a few people, my parents, dh parents, work from about 10 weeks. Anyone I came across I told anytime after 12 weeks as it was pretty obvious.
We did the Facebook announcement at 20 weeks simply by posting my scan as my profile picture.
Xx

Withmy first we got an 8w scan and I told a few people, my parents, dh parents, work from about 10 weeks. Anyone I came across I told anytime after 12 weeks as it was pretty obvious.
We did the Facebook announcement at 20 weeks simply by posting my scan as my profile picture.
Xx

That's a good idea I might wait until I'm 20 weeks to announce on Facebook. Were abouts in Northamptonshire are you? I live near Kettering xx

I am announcing after I can pick up the heartbeat on a home Doppler...so hoping around 10 weeks. :)

Not far from you,in a village just the other side of Wellingborough xx

I had a scan at 8+3 and everything was fine. Had a tiny amount of blood the day after so im gonna wait till my 12 week scan x

I previously mc'd at 8+5 so I'll be announcing when people notice my belly and not a second earlier. I also don't want to post on fb because there are so many infertile women out there in silent struggle, I don't want to be insensitive. I've so often read in the ltttc forums how upsetting fb posts are, just don't want to do that.

I've had 4-5 moderately sized bleeds, and then lots and LOTS of spotting. I had two scans in the 5th week, one in the 8th and another in the 10th, and I have my NT scan next Thursday. I also have a doppler. lol

Every scan has gone perfect, and the bleeding/spotting is not affecting the baby. I would have waited until it was impossible to not show, but my sister is getting married Feb. 1st and I'm her matron on honor. So we're telling extended family this weekend, and then friends after the NT scan next week. If we didn't say anything, it would have been obvious at her wedding and I don't want people to find out like that. lol Or just think I REALLY let myself go since our wedding in August. :rofl:

I think anytime after the 1st trimester is a good time. And I totally understand the hesitation in announcing at all when you've had bleeding. :hugs:

A few close relatives and friends know. We've have 2 scans already as I conceived via clomid and all looked well.

Well tell everyone else after scan. My booking appointment is next week at 10 weeks though if they scan me then I think it still feels too early.

I don't really plan on doing the whole Facebook announcement thing, I'm quite selective in it so most people will be told directly.

Thanks everyone :) Been discussing this with my DH and he thinks we should wait until the 12 week scan again, so I've said ok to that. But I did tell him now that I'm showing, if people ask me I'm not going to deny it! These next few weeks til my scan feel like they are going to take forever - I just got so excited seeing my little bean on the scan today that I just want to shout it from the rooftops, waiting another 3 weeks is going to be a challenge :D

I'm personally waiting until 12 weeks because the longer my family doesn't know th easier things will be for me. Last time around we told our parents about a week after we got a positive test and then my MIL went blabbing to people and due to a miscommunication with my mom she went and told just about everyone she knew. It was so stressful because I wasn't able to tell people how I wanted to tell people. Obviously your situation is different so I would say just do whatever you feel is best.

I am announcing after I can pick up the heartbeat on a home Doppler...so hoping around 10 weeks. :)

I plan on doing the same as you. Last time I was able to hear my son on the home doppler around 11 weeks I think, so i plan on announcing once I hear that heartbeat! :) i'm hoping to find it around 9 or 10 weeks~

We are planning on announcing after my scan at the end of the month. I'll be around 8 weeks or so.

I have had multiple losses and so waited until I got the results of my Panorama test in just a bit before 12 weeks to announce. I think it's a personal choice and to each there own :thumbup:

im in this struggle!

we've seen the twins twice now and im dying to tell but dh says not until 12 weeks :brat:

thing is they say the ''safe zone'' is 12 weeks but its actually 8 weeks, mc odds reduce significantly at 8 weeks but they say 12 weeks because most people dont find out theyve mc'd until the 12 week scan!

Depending on whether we get an early scan or not, and if it goes well or not, we might tell people round 9-10 weeks. I'd like to wait till 12 weeks but not sure I'll be able to keep my mouth shut! If I thought our parents wouldn't say anything to anyone else I would tell them, but I know dh's mum will tell his sisters and then everyone will know.

With my son I had a scan at 9 weeks and Facebook announced it then. She told me my chances of carrying to term were about 99% so I thought they were good odds.

Plus the people on my Facebook are people I know and care about and if anything did go wrong people would be there for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->