When to announce

Flannz94

Reaction score
When will everyone be announcing their pregnancy to the world?

My immediate family knows, and a few close friends, but I want to do a cute announcement with DS but don't know when to share it with everyone else!

Xx

It's really a personal decision I think. I'm a fan of waiting till after the 12 week ultrasound, but I've had a couple losses so I'm always a bit on edge. Go with your gut. If you're ready to shout it from the rooftops, then I say announce away!

I'm sorry for your losses. I've never had a loss, so I don't have that feeling if you know what I mean. I'm pretty sure I wasn't 12 weeks with DS tho. Xx

I actually announced at 6 weeks and 5 days after hearing the heartbeat. Before that only my parents and DH knew.

I had a chemical pregnancy that ended so quick. BFP at 9dpo and then BFN so I got my period just a day late. I found out at 14 dpo this time and the line was dark, 2 ultrasounds were done and doctor said everything was going well.

For me, this is my first child. People know that I'm trying and keep asking and wishing me a baby. I didn't want to keep lying. But then again I don't think I would have been patient till week 12 scan.

I didn't show till 5 months so we only told immediate family & friends at 12 weeks and work at 6 months and FB extended friends/family overseas at 31 weeks with our pregnancy photo shoot. Things can happen all the way up and I didn't want to chance an embarrassing situation. Once you've had a few losses it changes your mindset.

I announced on Sunday after we saw baby and heartbeat etc. I'm already showing so announcing felt right.

We told our family and close friends right away, and just announced on Facebook on Friday. For me, it's important that people know I am a mother of two, even if the worst does happen. And I am doing my best to celebrate every moment of pregnancy I am given. :)

With DD, we announced at 6 weeks and then had a threatened miscarriage - no regrets, in fact having all of that support and not having to pretend I was okay when I wasn't made it so much easier to get through.

It's such a personal decision though, and there's no wrong or right answer!

Our ds has known since 7 weeks once we'd had a scan, My immediate family were told over the weekend. I will tell my manager at work tomorrow but then will officially announce to all my friends/family once we've had the 12 week scan x

My mum, sister and 3 year old know but I will announce to close friends and other family member including OHs side once I've had scan which I'm still waiting to find out when that will ever be!

I just don't feel comfortable telling people yet especially when I'm constantly worried due to early losses last year

Our immediate family were told just after I got my BFP, close friends were told when I was 7 weeks as I've been suffering greatly with morning sickness so I've not been my normal self. Everyone else will find out after I've had my 12 week scan.

I told close family early on but no one else till just 4 days ago when we knew the sex of the baby!

I told close friends of choice as did hubs a few days after BFP. The ones I'd want there if I had another early loss. As the weeks have gone by we've slowly told a few family members and more friends. I found the heartbeat yesterday so now I'm itching to make it "FB official" to tell extended family and everyone elsd but I think we're going to wait until 12 week ultrasound so we can use the scan pic in the announcement

I announced my first at 7 wks and unfortunately had a miscarriage a few days later. This one I'm waiting until after first trimester :)

I'm announcing after 13 week ultrasound and results blood work have come in. Some close friends and family know. For the FB announcement I will wait even longer. Close to 3rd trimester.

I've told my best friend and my close family (mum, dad, sisters) but waiting until 12 week scan to tell everyone else. There's no right or wrong time though :)

We told family and close friends early, but we just made a Facebook announcement this past weekend. We had our dating scan last week. I was going to wait until I was almost ready to pop to say anything, or not say anything at all on FB, but the thought of having to police possible posts or photos from people on my page sounded like a massive pain in the ass. Plus, I just got to the point where I just wanted everyone to know and want to celebrate my pregnancy with them.

I had a loss at 6 weeks- at that point only a small number of close friends knew, and even though I still wouldn't have announced that early, I felt sad that no one knew about it, as if it never happened. I've had some friends who have had later losses after they've announced, and I would want the sort of support they got, and for people to know.

Thanks ladies!!

I think we're going to wait until 12 weeks. Mainly because I want the photo from the ultrasound so I can use it in the announcement :)

Sounds like the most of you are waiting too! Is anyone else REALLY impatient? :haha:

We told our family and close friends right away, and just announced on Facebook on Friday. For me, it's important that people know I am a mother of two, even if the worst does happen. And I am doing my best to celebrate every moment of pregnancy I am given. :)

With DD, we announced at 6 weeks and then had a threatened miscarriage - no regrets, in fact having all of that support and not having to pretend I was okay when I wasn't made it so much easier to get through.

It's such a personal decision though, and there's no wrong or right answer!

This! :thumbup: I announced at 8 weeks with my first, and 6 weeks with my second. :flower:

My husband knows and one close friend! I'll tell everyone elSe including family after 20 week scan! But if they guess before then I probably won't say no xxx

I told my close family and friends quite soon - about 7 weeks. We were going on holiday with my parents so they would have guessed anyway with the morning sickness that lasted all day! We also wanted to tell OH's parents at the same time as we're just as close with them and didn't want to hide it.

Once I had a scan at 10 weeks and knew the baby was ok, we started to tell more people and work friends. I've still not done a fb announcement but will do after the 12 week scan.

I agree with previous posters - if I miscarry I'd want as much support as possible so can't see a reason to hide my pregnancy.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->