When to get baby into a routine?

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
My LO is going to be 7 weeks this Thurs & I am just wondering when to start getting her into a routine of somesort?

Obv right now she is waking,feeding, sleeping pretty much as she pleases but I think sometime soon she needs to do things in some kind of order...

Just after some advice from u mummy's really...!!

Caitlyn got herself into a perfect routine. I think if you give any baby guidence they can sort themselves out. Does she sleep through the night?

I got kira in to a routine well tryed to straight away, but she seem to get herself her own routine with me helping her along a little bit

Hannah kind of set her own routine. We give her a bath around 8 every evening, she has her last bottle between 8-10 (depending on when she last ate), is up around 2ish, than back up between 5-6.

joshua got himself in his own routine within the first week he was born.

he has a bottle at 7ish pm then wakes up at 2ish am and again at 5ish.
he has a bath every other day at about 6ish then ready for bed.

hmmm
My LO isnt is any sort of routine whatsoever!!
I wonder if its bcoz im still trying to b/f & formula feed?
She was supposed to have a bath this evening but she was b/f followed by formula at 7pm & then went to sleep whch she doesnt normally do.
The plan was to bath her around 8.30 but shes still sleeping so i'll have to bath her in morning....

hmm what to do??

I know what you mean Angelica

Ive tried letting Maya take the lead but everyday is different in terms of when she wants a feed, when she wants to sleep etc

my ali has no routine whatsoever! everyday is totally different - i am getting a bit worried over it! i am sure it will all come out in the wash as they say!

Christine
X

I started max on his routine when he was 8 weeks same routine as me lol bath time around 8-9 pm we chill out in the bath for 20 min then wash and get pj's on and da prepares his cereal and milk..while i give him his 10 min massage and then its feeding and gone in bed by 11pm up at 5am

My little Rhys has no routine either, in fact he seems set on sleeping during the day and waking at night time. I know his heart meds make him sleepy, but boy oh boy I wish there was a way to get him in a routine. I've tried feeding him every 4 hours and bathing at the same time every eveing but he just wont sleep at night

i think some babies just take longer than others, but you can help get them into a routine.I do a bath the same time every night and i allways feed my baby last feed at 10pm every night i also do different things with him in the day at certain times like at 6pm he usually goes in his bouncer while we eat our dinner and first thing in the morning i always lay him on a blanket on the floor i think doing this has helped my LO xxx

hmmm
My LO isnt is any sort of routine whatsoever!!
I wonder if its bcoz im still trying to b/f & formula feed?
She was supposed to have a bath this evening but she was b/f followed by formula at 7pm & then went to sleep whch she doesnt normally do.
The plan was to bath her around 8.30 but shes still sleeping so i'll have to bath her in morning....

hmm what to do??

i wonder this too.....
cos when i bf... obviously will throw out any kind of routine cos they digest breastmilk in 2 hours .. so wants more after that time!!

im jealous of those with routines lol!!

I started max on his routine when he was 8 weeks same routine as me lol bath time around 8-9 pm we chill out in the bath for 20 min then wash and get pj's on and da prepares his cereal and milk..while i give him his 10 min massage and then its feeding and gone in bed by 11pm up at 5am

im gonna go somewhere that teaches baby massage think its great for setting a bed time routine!!

leeds did u find a good baby massage class then?
I am going to find out too... i do give her a massage but prob not the best

well lucy has made her own routine at the mo she will have a bottle around 9pm then another arund 12am and i will put her down around 1am then she will sleep to 7.30am-8am but im going to start putting her in the bedroom tonight around the 9pm feed so she is used to going to bed and she will no its night time and thats the time to sleep.

it must be hard to decide when bits ofthe routine happen though,if baby's feding on demand, they may settle into a pattern when the feeding has settled down between 6-8 weeks i believe someone said.although if you're a mix of bf and bottle i think it could be a longer time scale. i've noticed more of a pattern in my baby's behaviour/needs during the day. but getting her to sleep in the day??? no chance! if you're working towards a routine, i would try a bedtime one first...like the other girls suggested.good luck!

leeds did u find a good baby massage class then?
I am going to find out too... i do give her a massage but prob not the best

nope not gone yet.... i know there is a group on friday mornings... might go next week!! got MW coming again tomorrow morning :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->