when to give chicken?

soup

Reaction score
hi all my lo has been on solids for the past 3 weeks now and is loving it, i am so pleased with how well he is doing.

just wpndering does anyone have any idea when i can give him some chicken or lentils? am going to cook some today to freeze as have lots at the mo! but not sure when he can have them?

thanks

At 6 months, before that it is just veg and fruit

I was told by my doc that i could give my LO some chicken. He has only just had some for the first time yesterday and loved it. He is quite close to 6 months but perhaps ask your HV or doc.
xx

I gave Seren chicken at about 7months, before that I made sure she was established on pureed veggies etc.

I don't plan to give Ruby meat until at least 7 months.
I think the guidelines are that it shouldn't be given until 6 months.

luisa was 6 months and a week but tbh she has only just started eating actual meals with chicken in this past weeks so 7 months for us..

i make her meals so its harder.. as im trying not to puree everything down :) but if you was to use jars or puree it really well then 6 months is ok :)

I've just seen you asked about lentils too...I think that would be 6 months too, and in small quantities then cos they're high in fibre which isn't great for babies as it fills them up too much and they won't eat enough of other foods / milk.

I started solids at around 5 months but only when he was 7 months he had his first chicken

We've given Violet chicken and she's 6months. She's not actually "eating" anything yet but she did have a good suck on it and she's been fine x

I would say the same as the others, 6 months :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->