When to introduce toast for breakfast

sharnw

Mum to soon to be 3
Reaction score
Hi all,

My LO is 7 and half months old.

My friend, has a 6 and a half month old, he has no teeth yet and last week she introduced toast to him :|

I didn't say anything... I was a little keen myself on giving my bub toast, but I'm too scared. I'm just going to wait a couple more months.

LO has 2 bottom teeth and her top are trying to come through also.

Just want to know.
Thanks for reading ladies.

My lo had toast at 6 months, I don't toast it too much and cut the crusts off. I put philly on it rather than butter or just a really light scraping of butter now.

They will suck the toast so they don't need teeth to eat it

X

Alex had toast at 6 months, lightly toasted. It's still one of his favourite things to eat! He had teeth then but as pp says, even if they have no teeth it's great for them to gum on and enjoy that way.

Toast is fine :) and babies dont need teeth for weaning!

My LO has toast too, I spread fruit purée on it and she loves sucking on it!

You can give toast from 6 months. Baby doesn't need teeth, they will just gum on the toast and swallow bits.

We did toast from the very start of weaning (6 months). She didn't have any teeth for a couple weeks after that and still only has the bottom two. She handles it fine and it's never been a problem. If you don't toast it to the point of being too hard, they can gum it and eat it, but really the main point is to use bread or toast to get them other things that you put on the toast (nut butter, hummus, fruit puree, whatever), so doesn't much matter if they can chew the toast anyway.

wow how fun :) :) Thanks so much ladies :flower:

If we give toast, it'll be with gluten-free bread. I've got some gluten sensitivities, my baby has a bad tummy, I'm going to be putting off gluten for LO as long as possible. If you have no history of gluten problems- go for it. :)

I gave my LO toast last week and he kept gumming and tearing big chunks off and trying to shove them all in his mouth so I took it off him.. Think I'll wait a bit longer.

The only concern with toast, unless LO has any particular intolerances or sensitivities, is the salt in the bread. As long as you're within the guideline amounts for the baby, you're fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->