When to see ob/gyn after BFP?

marycotter567

Reaction score
I just got my BFP 2 days ago at 12DPO (missed my period today). When should I see my ob/gyn? Do I have to see them right away or can wait until 8, 10 weeks or so?

I would still call and ask for an appointment but they probably won't see you until about 8-12 weeks depending on the office. A lot of doctors fill up quickly so you need to make an appointment as soon as possible.

I called at 10DPO after having first positive at 8DPO. I had betas at 10DPO and 14DPO. Nurse explained that they usually schedule the first prenatal appointment between 7 and 10 weeks so they can do an ultrasound. I had my first prenatal at 6+6 and second at 10+6.

Congratulations on your BFP! A lot depends on where you live too.

Well I just saw my ob/gyn 3 weeks ago for a checkup and it's not hard to get an appt with him. I just don't see the point of going so soon and putting myself and baby through possible unnecessary tests, etc if I can hold off on it. I guess I will schedule it for around 12 weeks.

If you already have a relationship with them, most of the offices here don't see you until 12 weeks. If you're a new patient, they'll fit you in earlier just to get to know you and write down your history. I did visit my GP right after finding out just to have a quick confirmation (blood test), and keep her in the loop. Most testing doesn't get done till later anyway (especially if you've had a pap in the last year and a clean history)

It also depends on whether or not you're planning to do any prenatal screening. That also depends on whether they offer it where you live. I had to give blood and urine before 13 weeks 6 days and have an NT scan before 13 weeks 6 days as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->