When to start weaning your bubba

Jacks

Mummy to Maiya and Riley
Reaction score
Hi my LO is 7 weeks and is breastfed, I plan to start weaning Maiya at 6months, but i'm constantly under pressure by MIL to start weaning earlier at 3 months, also she keeps going about giving her chocolate in a few weeks!!!! I keep telling her not until she is 6 months, but it doesn't seem to sink in, it's so annoying!

Am I being unreasonable? Maiya is my first baby so have no previous experience weaning a child, but 6 months seems like a good age to start????

What age will you be weaning your LO's.

xx

6 months is recommended, to help reduce allergies etc but lots of mums successfully wean before if they feel they need to with weight, hunger etc. i would say 3 months is very young though.

I am hanging out for 6 months as Rose is putting plenty of weight on at the mo and I have lots of allergies I am trying to avoid for her.

I have loads of food allergies too, but they've developed in the last 10 yrs or so. I still played it safe (ish) with Sebastian though and waited till he was 6 months exactly...geek!

Just tell her that weaning from 3months is an outdated concept from the 50s and new research and guidelines say 6months is now reccomended :thumbup:

And if she still won't shush then kindly inform her that babies can easily go with milk alone until at least 9 months, sometimes even a year.

Don't let her pressure you hun, do what you're comfortable with!! (obviously if you wanna wean earlier than 6months, it's totally your choice too, the above sounds kinda harsh but it's to try and get her off your back lol) x

She is your baby and its your choice. I weaned my first child at 3 months as that was the advice then ( nearly 14 years ago now) she is perfectly fine but you shouldnt be pressured into weaning at a certain time, it should always be when the individual baby is ready, we are all different after all.

She is your baby and its your choice. I weaned my first child at 3 months as that was the advice then ( nearly 14 years ago now) she is perfectly fine but you shouldnt be pressured into weaning at a certain time, it should always be when the individual baby is ready, we are all different after all.

Same here, i weaned my daughter 2 weeks before the at the time 3 month recommended time :shock: that was 16 years ago and my dd has no allergies but i plan to follow the new guidelines as i know lots of research has been done since then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->