When to start weaning?

MrsKnapp

Teeny bit preggers!!
Reaction score
:wacko: So i know with a prem baby you do alot of things from their due date instead of their birth date, but when do you start weaning?

Ive been told conflicting things........:dohh:

Many Thanks for your replies xxx:thumbup:

Hi ya,

I was told it was between 5-7 months of their actual age (not corrected). i started weaning evie at 6 months, it took her a while to get the hang of it, i started with 1 meal a day for 2 weeks then up to 2 meals a day for 2 weeks then 3 meals a day. i found weaning very stressful at first. How much to give them etc?

i cant give u any advise on that as i still do what i think is right for my LO. Good luck x

It depend on how early they are in your case I would start at 6 months actual age

everything I've read/been told is that weaning is the only instance where you actually ignore a preemies corrected age and go by actual. x

my little boy was born at 25+6 and we had his paediatric app on the 8th on November and was told we could wean start of dec. as he is over 6 months now, Adjusted he only 11 weeks tomorrow, but he has been getting breast lmilk in his little tummy for 6 months, we have tried him with banana and he absolutely loves it, So taking things slow. If in dooubt ask ur paediatric dr or gp.
xx

The Bliss guidelines say 5-7 months actual. Weaning and vaccinations are the only things you don't correct age for. Having said that, you know your child, wean them when you think they are ready. Except in extreme cases, you will do no harm by starting later or earlier.

i started weaning at 5 months actual. He took to it really well and will now eat anything, as long as it is lumpy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->