When to test? 32 day cycle - month #1 TTC

xDuffyx

Pregnant - 3rd Trimester
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've just registered today and have been following the site now for around 3 weeks. what a fantastic support network this is! So many people willing to share their advice and stories! :)

So, I have a 32 day cycle which is fairly regular.
I believe that I ovulate day 16-21 of my cycle although I am not sure if this is accurate. (little knowledge of how to measure this! Does it sound accurate?!)

I am in month #1 of TTC and Day 36 of my cycle which means that AF is a week away.

I took a pregnancy test this morning and got a BFN! Which I was kind of expecting, as I believe it is too early to test.
When would be the best time for me to take a test, would this be after AF is due?

I am tring not to symptom spot as I know I have a slim chance of conceiving in month 1 however I have noticed the following, which is why I have tested this morning:

Dull mild cramps daily for last 14 days, like af is coming, keep checking but no sign, gas, bloated, tired to the point where I feel like I have grit in my eye and I need to sleep because it hurts - in bed by 10pm normally awake until late.
I have been more hungry, had a small spell of back ache and nausea.
No sore boobs - but even when AF is due they never hurt.
Can these be imaginary or side affects of coming off pill? Lol.

So, I am really looking for some advice as to when is best to take the test again and as to if ovulation date sounds accurate?
Any help would be appreciated.

Baby dust to all!!
Lindsey x

Hello everyone,

I've just registered today and have been following the site now for around 3 weeks. what a fantastic support network this is! So many people willing to share their advice and stories! :)

So, I have a 32 day cycle which is fairly regular.
I believe that I ovulate day 16-21 of my cycle although I am not sure if this is accurate. (little knowledge of how to measure this! Does it sound accurate?!)

I am in month #1 of TTC and Day 36 of my cycle which means that AF is a week away.

I took a pregnancy test this morning and got a BFN! Which I was kind of expecting, as I believe it is too early to test.
When would be the best time for me to take a test, would this be after AF is due?

I am tring not to symptom spot as I know I have a slim chance of conceiving in month 1 however I have noticed the following, which is why I have tested this morning:

Dull mild cramps daily for last 14 days, like af is coming, keep checking but no sign, gas, bloated, tired to the point where I feel like I have grit in my eye and I need to sleep because it hurts - in bed by 10pm normally awake until late.
I have been more hungry, had a small spell of back ache and nausea.
No sore boobs - but even when AF is due they never hurt.
Can these be imaginary or side affects of coming off pill? Lol.

So, I am really looking for some advice as to when is best to take the test again and as to if ovulation date sounds accurate?
Any help would be appreciated.

Baby dust to all!!
Lindsey x
Sorry, my cycle is 42 days!!
I'm so dizzy!

Hey honey and welcome :flower:

You can't really take a guess at when you ovulate or even when to test because everyone's cycle is different from when you ovulate and how long your LP is.

Your best bet is to use OPK's or BBT to pinpoint ovulation. You can buy OPK's on the internet or in store and there are a few out there. Personally I use these ones and this thermometer from babymad.com

Ovulation Test Strips & Basal Thermometer

Hi, try not to symptom spot. 90% of early pregnancy symptoms are the same as PMS. It will eventually drive you crazy, plus, a lot of women notice symptoms that they think they have never had before but in reality have them every month but take no notice of them. Try to relax. I know it's hard but you go nuts if you don't.

If you have a 42 day cycle, then according to textbook you would ovulate around CD28 (14 days before your next period) but everyone is different and there could be a million factors to why this is not the case.

You will here many suggestions as to what is best to catch you O day, e.g. my FS told me to simply have sex every other day throughout my cycle, ergo, giving me the best chances or catching the egg. You will hear some women saying using opk's from CD10 will give you the best chances and some recommend temping, ewcm and many other recommendations. Only you can decided what is best for you.

When it comes to testing, I would wait until AF is late. Testing beforehand can only cause unnecessary disappointment.

Good luck, I hope you're not waiting too long.

X

Thank you for your reply and the link - very helpful. I will spend a bit of time this afternoon Looking into it all. I'm just so new to it all it all seems so confusing... Lol.

X

Hi, try not to symptom spot. 90% of early pregnancy symptoms are the same as PMS. It will eventually drive you crazy, plus, a lot of women notice symptoms that they think they have never had before but in reality have them every month but take no notice of them. Try to relax. I know it's hard but you go nuts if you don't.

If you have a 42 day cycle, then according to textbook you would ovulate around CD28 (14 days before your next period) but everyone is different and there could be a million factors to why this is not the case.

You will here many suggestions as to what is best to catch you O day, e.g. my FS told me to simply have sex every other day throughout my cycle, ergo, giving me the best chances or catching the egg. You will hear some women saying using opk's from CD10 will give you the best chances and some recommend temping, ewcm and many other recommendations. Only you can decided what is best for you.

When it comes to testing, I would wait until AF is late. Testing beforehand can only cause unnecessary disappointment.

X
Thank you for your reply.
There is so much information available out there you just don't know what is right/wrong but I guess your right in that different methods are right for different people.

I'm just going to "practice" every couple of days, then I can't miss it!! Lol

I'm also worried about my long cycle length. I've mentioned it to dr's before when I've gone in for various things and they have always said its normal. But a 42 day cycle is a nightmare! Plus you find contradicting info on the net as to wether its normal or not... Xx

***good luck to you all ***

X
Thank you for your reply.
There is so much information available out there you just don't know what is right/wrong but I guess your right in that different methods are right for different people.

I'm just going to "practice" every couple of days, then I can't miss it!! Lol

I'm also worried about my long cycle length. I've mentioned it to dr's before when I've gone in for various things and they have always said its normal. But a 42 day cycle is a nightmare! Plus you find contradicting info on the net as to wether its normal or not... Xx

***good luck to you all ***

42 days is long. My FS doesn't like anyone going past 35 days as 'it's not normal' but my GP said if it's regular than it's fine.

Good luck though, I hope you aren't waiting too long. X

Welcome to BNB :flow: If you have a 32 day cycle then chances are you ovulate around CD18-23. I'd BD all the way through CD16-CD25 because you may have a shorter/longer luteal phase. You can watch your CM to help you figure out when ovulation occurred. You can start testing around 9-10dpo, but I would wait until 12dpo. Those symptoms are most likely from coming off bcp, but that doesn't mean you're not pregnant! It's just a bit early to get symptoms like that.

Since you just got off bcp, I recommend charting bbt and/or using OPKs because your cycles may be off for awhile. My first cycle was normal (30 days) but my next was 65! My cycles are still messed up almost a year later. Hope it's a short journey for you hun :hugs: xx

X

It would only be around 14 days before next cycle is due IF her LP is 14 days which not everyone's is.

This is why it's best not to just 'guess' and to pinpoint accurately using OPK's and BBT if you want to know exactly when you're body has ovulated. The body is a strange thing and it doesn't stick to 'text book' rules of thumb.

:flower:

X

It would only be around 14 days before next cycle is due IF her LP is 14 days which not everyone's is.

This is why it's best not to just 'guess' and to pinpoint accurately using OPK's and BBT if you want to know exactly when you're body has ovulated. The body is a strange thing and it doesn't stick to 'text book' rules of thumb.

:flower:

That is precisely the reason I said what I said.

T?

If you're offering to make me a brew, yes please! :rofl:

Hey Lindsey & everyone else :)

I just came across this forum (I know its a bit old) but I was really intrigued since I also have been ttc (for 9 months) & have a 32 day cycle too. Just saw your profile picture and it looks like all your dreams have come true! :) Big congratulations to you! I was wondering when did you find out you were pregnant? Thanks heaps, Kat X

Hey Lindsey & everyone else :)

I just came across this forum (I know its a bit old) but I was really intrigued since I also have been ttc (for 9 months) & have a 32 day cycle too. Just saw your profile picture and it looks like all your dreams have come true! :) Big congratulations to you! I was wondering when did you find out you were pregnant? Thanks heaps, Kat X

Hello kat!
Sorry about the late reply - I've been in Portugal! :)

I found out 4 days before AF due. It was on a cheap test and showed up pretty much straight away, but everyone is different! :)
I'm not sure if you have an IPhone?! Or if you can download apps on your mobile? Well I downloaded a FREE app called 'my days' which I used to track cycles, temps, and when I took pregnancy tests... Maybe you might find it useful? I did! :)

Im by no means an expert but if I can help with anything then please let me know xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->