When to wean off bottles and holiday advice?

golcarlilly

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
Just wondering by what age babies should be drinking from a cup exclusively and no longer using bottles? We are going abroad when Myles is 10 months and unsure how to sterilise bottles as I am sure he will still be having them?

The general advice is to have babies off a bottle by their 1st birthday (much easier said than done) I dont personally know of many babies who were off their bottle by this time scale - most I know will drink from a cup at this age, but still had a few bottles, particularly a bedtime one.

As for bottles when abroad, I always used my travel steriliser - this one https://www.bloomingmarvellous.co.u...acticalproducts&ProductID=5053&language=en-GB or you can buy steriliser bags if where you're staying has a microwave, or use the cold water sterilisation method.

Xx

I've no idea how to wean off bottles - Ruby is 10 months and is happy to drink 30-60ml of water from a Doidy cup but won't touch milk in it! I'm aiming to have her off her afternoon bottle by a year but no hope for the morning and evening bottles in that timescale.

You can get from boots these bags that are travel sterilisers, they are drawstring bags with two sterile tablets inside, you basically just add 5 litres of water to, we used these when we too LO on holiday back in the summer, they were great :thumbup:

If where u r staying has a kitchen u can put bottles in a pan and boil for 5 min - saves taking anything with u.

I think I will just go for the boiling method as we have such small luggage allowance I need to take as little possible with us (need room for clothes!!!) Thanks ladies :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->