When was/is your dating scan?

sophie22

Reaction score
I'm 9 weeks with my 3rd and I always had it much earlier but this one isn't booked until 21st August which will make me 12 weeks and a day I think. I've had a little bleeding which I had with both my other pregnancies so am not terribly concerned but it would have been nice to have it sooner rather than later. when has everyone else got or had theirs?

My first was booked on the 22nd July when we were 12+2 but our dates were all out and when we went we got put back to 8+4, our next one is next Wednesday where going by the first scan dates we'll be 11+6

mine is nxt Friday ill be 12wk5 days should of been nxt wensday but my oh couldnt get the time off work

I won't be having one, wasn't even offered. My first ultrasound will be the 20 week one.

I will be 12 weeks 2 days at mine - think the 12 week mark is quite normal in the UK xx

Thanks. maybe I'm just getting muddled and perhaps I only had it earlier with the other two due to the bleeding and I'm forgetting lol

Had a private scan earlier....first NHS scan was 12+2

My scan is scheduled for 10th August, I'll be 11+6 then, seems like a long wait as I had an early scan at 8 weeks with my first.

Super excited to see our baby for the first time! :happydance:

I live in the U.S., and this is my fourth, so my dating scans have been as following: 6w1d, 9w3d, 5w6d and 8w4d. To wait until you're just about in second tri sounds nuts to me! Do you have any other options? Maybe a private scan just to calm you down? I do think that if you've had bleeding, you should be able to get in sooner, even if you know it's normal for you (and for me! I've had bleeding in my second, third and current pregnancies).

Mine was 8 weeks. Which turned out to actually be 8+3 weeks after the measurements. I'm not sure if my OB scheduled it to be earlier because of my previous early loss and being on progesterone though. I think early u/s are becoming increasingly common in the US. Especially if they suspect in the slightest there could be potential issues, the drs want to cover their own iykwim.

Mines scheduled for August 19 and I'll be 8 weeks. My last one I had at 7 weeks.

With this one, it was at 5+3... thank goodness we saw everything including heartbeat!! I only intended on *hopefully* seeing a sac.

My first was 4w6d (saw nothing)
Second 5w6d (saw gestational sac and yolk sac, in the right place)
They asked me to go back in 2 weeks (7w6d) to hopefully see hb and date.
I can't wait that long though so I have booked a private scan for we'd where I will be 6w6d... I have everything crossed all will be ok and il get the reassurance I want.

I think it's crazy how diff countries have such diff milestones for pregnancies, early scans, 12 weeks, 20 weeks... How varied!

H xx

I won't be having one, wasn't even offered. My first ultrasound will be the 20 week one.
Wow really. With my 1st two bubs i had dating scan 1st bub i was about 10 weeks and 2nd bub around 8 weeks. And just the 20 week scans. 3rd bub though i had about 10 scans due to a few complications.
Are they not giving you the option to have the scan that checks for DS?

I live in the U.S., and this is my fourth, so my dating scans have been as following: 6w1d, 9w3d, 5w6d and 8w4d. To wait until you're just about in second tri sounds nuts to me! Do you have any other options? Maybe a private scan just to calm you down? I do think that if you've had bleeding, you should be able to get in sooner, even if you know it's normal for you (and for me! I've had bleeding in my second, third and current pregnancies).

Dating scans before 8 weeks are not accurate. Earlier than that and they are checking if baby is viable really.

10-14 weeks is normal here and most accurate.

Had mine last week. I am a week ahead of my ticker because I ovulated early and the u/s matched my ov. Date. He's doing another at 12 weeks. Not sure why.. then the usual at around 20

Im not really sure what a dating scan is but I'm 4 weeks pregnant and will be seeing my doctor in a week on August 9 where I'll be a few days over 5 weeks. Not sure if they will see anything but I made another appointment on the 19th as well. My appointment august 9th was to do blood tests of the new cycle to see if I had pcos. Guess not lol.
I just call and take whatever appointment is available. No one asks why.

My dating scan is on August 18th! Very excited. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"