When was the first time a stranger mentioned your belly?

cskme_

Reaction score
Today the nail lady asked me when I'm due, I'm just past 21 weeks and I didn't even know I was really showing, I just thought I looked fat(ter). It must be very apparent that I'm pregnant if someone else was so sure that I'm pregnant that they would even mention it.
If someone has mentioned your belly or due date to you, how far along were you when it first happened?

Like, 12 weeks. I thought that was pretty bold! It was mostly bloat haha

25-27 weeks with both my pregnancy. Surprised no one mentioned anything sooner because I was huge, especially this time around.

27 weeks with DS 1. 19-20 with this one.

I have been getting "poor you" looks off strangers since about 14 weeks when its been hot lol.... :dohh:

About an hour ago when I turned up at a clients house (I'm a health care assistant helping people in their own homes) and the ladies husband looked me up down before saying your pregnant well you aren't coming in here all fat with your belling hanging about before slamming the door in my face! Not the most positive first response lol

Just realised it said a stranger well he is strange if that counts but it's not been mentioned by a stranger yet

About an hour ago when I turned up at a clients house (I'm a health care assistant helping people in their own homes) and the ladies husband looked me up down before saying your pregnant well you aren't coming in here all fat with your belling hanging about before slamming the door in my face! Not the most positive first response lol

:growlmad: the hell!!

Omg!! Is this someone you've worked with before? Have you reported him to the company? That's just terrible!!

Wow that's so awful :(.

Thank you ladies :flower:

He has been reported to my company he has previous form for being nasty to staff but he isnt a fan of fat people, today wasnt the first time he has slammed a door in my face but its defo the last time, its a tough one really as I have always said people paying for their care are entitled to have and refuse who they want in theor own homes but I suppose he could have been a bit politer :wacko:

Yes they are paying for their own care but he could be polite and just report to the agency he would rather have another aide.

I haven't had many comments from strangers but I live in Denmark where people seem to pretty much leave you alone in regards to stuff like that, at least if you're a stranger. The only comment I've really had from a stranger was a couple of weeks ago when DH and I were buying curtains for our new house and the seller we'd been talking to asked if we were expecting a boy or a girl. We told him we were team :yellow: all the way so he gave us 2 paintings, one with a unicorn and one with a frog prince so we had one for each gender :thumbup: It was really nice and unexpected!

Wow that's just so uncalled for:wacko::nope: Sorry you had to experience that. The company should really refuse to send people out to him if he's going to be so rude. Especially if he's going to refuse anyone fat or pregnant in, that's just ridiculous:growlmad:

He has been reported to my company he has previous form for being nasty to staff but he isnt a fan of fat people, today wasnt the first time he has slammed a door in my face but its defo the last time, its a tough one really as I have always said people paying for their care are entitled to have and refuse who they want in theor own homes but I suppose he could have been a bit politer :wacko:

That's is awful and if you live in the uk, bullying/victimisation, under the equality act! You could seriously have him done for discrimination!

:hugs: :hugs: it's really sad there are people out there like that.

No stranger has ever asked me about my pregnancies ever. im 24weeks and massive. Guess I just live in an area where people arent that chatty with people they dont know, or i have a face that says "don't even ask" lol

Not mentioned yet
But yest we had a really long drive
I was dying to pee
I asked in a shop could I use their loo
He was going to say no
But looked from my belly to my face and back
And said ok u can use the staff toilet :)
I could hve kissed him :)

Last time was very early I was asked my due date.
And I think my bump is bigger thus time
But no one has said yet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back