When was the first time a stranger mentioned your belly?

I think it totally depends on what I'm wearing. If I'm wearing a fitted maternity dress everyone notices (I'm 21 weeks and petite) but If I'm wearing a flowy top and pants no one really does. At 18 weeks with my first I was in a public bathroom and a little girl goes (aged around 3) 'look that woman has a baby in her belly' - I was so gobsmacked that someone had noticed and the mum just said yes she does. I thought that was pretty risky of her to confirm.

My co-worker came into my office the other day and was upset cause someone asked her when baby no2 was due. She is not pregnant and was mortified! :dohh: :wacko:

I think it totally depends on what I'm wearing. If I'm wearing a fitted maternity dress everyone notices (I'm 21 weeks and petite) but If I'm wearing a flowy top and pants no one really does. At 18 weeks with my first I was in a public bathroom and a little girl goes (aged around 3) 'look that woman has a baby in her belly' - I was so gobsmacked that someone had noticed and the mum just said yes she does. I thought that was pretty risky of her to confirm.

My co-worker came into my office the other day and was upset cause someone asked her when baby no2 was due. She is not pregnant and was mortified! :dohh: :wacko:

I feel the same way, I usually just wear a loose shirt and tights or just a dress. The dress I was wearing was one of the ones that is tighter under the boobs so if anyone were to have a belly and wear it they would probably look pregnant too. I'm wondering what this dress would have looked like a few months back. I'm excited to get out of this in between stage where sometimes I look pregnant and others I just look like I have a beer belly lol

About an hour ago when I turned up at a clients house (I'm a health care assistant helping people in their own homes) and the ladies husband looked me up down before saying your pregnant well you aren't coming in here all fat with your belling hanging about before slamming the door in my face! Not the most positive first response lol

That's so awful. I hope you don't have to return there anymore. I would feel so crappy and uncomfortable after that. i wonder how his wife handles him....

I was just about 16 weeks and a customer at work asked me before even the staff knew lol xx

I did today at 15 weeks. And around this time for the other two I think

I was around 34 weeks last time and a shop assistant asked me when I was due. I was really happy that someone had finally noticed! I only had a small bump though.
Nothing yet this time around but not quite 15 weeks yet.

I think like 18 weeks was the first time. Now I get comments at least once a day. It still catches me off guard because I don't think I look that pregnant. During my last pregnancy I don't remember hearing anything from strangers until at least 6-7 months!

Still waiting...

Really? wow you must have a very neat and tidy bump xxx

Nah, it's pretty huge, I'm 4'11"! Just never ever had a stranger mention or ask anything in any pregnancy. Must be a New Zealand thing. I would never dare to presume someone was pregnant and ask them either unless they were rt skinny with a massive bump.

Still waiting...

Really? wow you must have a very neat and tidy bump xxx

Nah, it's pretty huge, I'm 4'11"! Just never ever had a stranger mention or ask anything in any pregnancy. Must be a New Zealand thing. I would never dare to presume someone was pregnant and ask them either unless they were rt skinny with a massive bump.

Same...no one has ever really asked

That's why I'm shocked that the nail lady mentioned it. I honestly in my opinion don't look pregnant, just look fatter in the belly. I don't have a round bump due to this little fat flap on the bottom.
It must have been the dress. Its just crazy that she was so sure I was pregnant that she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->