When/where to buy nursing bras?

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering what's the best time to buy nursing bras and where's good for a fitting? I got mine from debenhams last time but they dudbt have much choice and I had to buy a twin pack with a white one in. Totally pointless and was stained in weeks!!

Thanks all xx

I was told with DS to get fitted at 36 weeks but they just measured me as I was and told me to go down a band size and it wasn't really right. I'd get something to go on with for now and plan to buy more afterwards. I've just bought some from H&M as they're only £14 for a twin pack. Primark also do nursing bras if you want something cheap to go on with.

I think it is recommded to get measured 2-3 weeks before your due date but with my little boy when my milk came in I was a 34k (I'm usually a 34e when not pregnant). They did settle down after that & I wore a 34G/H the rest of the time whilst BF.

This time round using a old nursing bra till my milk comes in then once it's settled down I'll get some good quality bras then.

I always wore underwired nursing bras as I found that without that support there was no way I was leaving the house, as my boobs were down by my knees! Most midwifes will advise you not to wear underwired as it causes problems with your milk supply but I BF for 9 months with no problems whatsoever. This website is really good for bras & it's
were I got all of mine x
https://www.nursingbra-shop.co.uk

I think I'm going to get mine next week. I will just get a twin pack from M&S as I think they're £20 for two, and you can get a pack with a dark and a flesh coloured one. I can then buy more later if I need them.

Thanks ladies. Yes I was a something F last time. Bearing in mind I'm 5ft 1 and usually a size 10-12 bra size c-d I was quite impressed!! I want to get properly measured. I think I've got a couple of saggy ones from last time. I just don't know if I'll have time once baby is here.

I think I got mine at about 37 weeks last time. I'd gone from a 34C (same size since I was about 15!) to a 36DD. So not a huge difference for me. I got all my mmaternity and nursing bras from Mothercare. Hardly a great selection, and far from sexy, but reasonably priced and did the job!
I'm actually in my nursing bras from last time at the moment, because they fit ok and I don't want to buy any more for pregnancy. I guess I'll have to go and get measured and fitted once I'm about 36 weeks, in case I'm a different size this time.

I used to work on the lingerie department in John Lewis and we always recommended not spending too much on one while pregnant and to wait for a few weeks after birth to get measured for a nursing bra. We would measure ladies once their baby had dropped while they were pregnant but only advised getting one or two to get you by until you get a more accurate fitting once your milk had come in and settled a bit.

Mine from last time are all M&S and some of the colours and patterns are quite pretty, although they are all unwired Boulder holders at the end of the day! I'm usually a 34C but am now in 34E which is what these bras from last time are.

I got mine from Motherhood. There are some cute ones on there.

I only bought one nursing bra so far and a few regular, soft bras for comfort and because my ribcage seems to have expanded by one size. I'm 28+ weeks and so far I've only gone from 34 B-C pre-pregnancy to 36 C, so not much of a difference. Do you find your breasts grew a lot larger in the third trimester? I don't want to buy nursing bras too soon and then not having the right fit. At which point should the size be reliable enough to buy a few nursing bras?

I bought some sleep bras from eBay which also gave the clips to make them feeding bras, so I'm gonna use them til after baby is here and then get some that are the right size (and pretty) from asda. I've always bought bras from asda and found them to be comfy and not expensive!! - my main issue at being a 34/36 e\f pre pregnancy!

I just got mine today and I have about a week and a half to go. I got measured and bought mine at Thyme Maternity but I'm not sure if they have stores outside of Canada or not.

I only bought one nursing bra so far and a few regular, soft bras for comfort and because my ribcage seems to have expanded by one size. I'm 28+ weeks and so far I've only gone from 34 B-C pre-pregnancy to 36 C, so not much of a difference. Do you find your breasts grew a lot larger in the third trimester? I don't want to buy nursing bras too soon and then not having the right fit. At which point should the size be reliable enough to buy a few nursing bras?

I went to get measured for mine today, but there were no appointments available. I'm 36+4 and the sales assistant told me it was still a bit too early, they prefer to measure you from 38 weeks as by then the baby has often dropped so they get a more accurate measurement around your rib cage. She said the later you can leave it the better. I think I am going to go in again when I have started my maternity leave at 38 + 4 and get fitted then. It feels like cutting it a bit fine, but have some old ones from last time that will do in an emergency!

I went to get measured for mine today, but there were no appointments available. I'm 36+4 and the sales assistant told me it was still a bit too early, they prefer to measure you from 38 weeks as by then the baby has often dropped so they get a more accurate measurement around your rib cage. She said the later you can leave it the better. I think I am going to go in again when I have started my maternity leave at 38 + 4 and get fitted then. It feels like cutting it a bit fine, but have some old ones from last time that will do in an emergency!

Thanks Cattia! Good info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->