When will I not look like I'm still pregnant :(

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by Mervs Mum, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Mervs Mum

Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

OK so its only day 5 after Hebe was born but I feel well enough to be out and about in public BUT I dont feel like I look good enough....

I've always had 'issues' with my weight - its been up and down over the years. I'm not massively concerned with what the actual scales say but I just wondered how long I can expect my tummy to look like I'm about 18 weeks pregnant!!!?? It's obviously my uterus and when I'm pushing the pram I dont care but I have to have her attatched to me so people dont think I'm still preggy!!! My worst nightmare is someone asking me 'when's it due?' :cry:

Hebe is being christened just before Christmas as our vicar is leaving so I dont have the 6 months I'd hoped for to get back into shape :hissy:

2. Jayden'sMummy

Jayden'sMummy Jayden and Macie-Leigh xx

3. babe2ooo

babe2ooo mum to Jack

it wont be to long....but give it time, i still weigh just over 10stone but i dont think i look so pregnant any more, i have a little tummy on me

4. Mervs Mum

5. nikky0907

nikky0907 Well-Known Member

A month later and I still look pregnant. :(

:hugs:

Join the BnB biggest losers!

6. leeanne

leeanne Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2

It takes time honey. I still look like I have a belly that I did when I was 2-3 months pregnant. It's empty now and not very nice at the moment. Yet, week after week, as the weight goes off, I do see an improvement.

:hug:

7. hotsexymum

hotsexymum mum of 4

every one differnt i was luck and got back in a week :happydance: big :hug::hugs: for you tho

8. leeanne

leeanne Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2

I'd like to add that there are lucky ones who do get it back in a week but I don't think that is the norm.

The first few weeks is when most do lose the majority of the baby weight and the remainder tends to come off gradually. By 3 weeks you will probably see a difference and by 6 weeks an even more noticeable one.

9. Ema

Ema Mummy :) xxx

Hun, im struggling too. The first few days after birth i felt thin and great......now i feel like a lump'o'lard!! Everything is so giggly and not where it should be :rofl: and ive just noticed (a min ago getting out the shower) one me boobs is lower than the other.....SO NOT IMPRESSED!!!

Hopefully we'll both be back to norm (well as norm as we'll every be :D) soon!! XxxX

(Big hugs for lil hebe!!) XxX

10. x-amy-x

x-amy-x Mammy

Don't worry hun it will go down by the christening. It's only been 5 days! :hugs:

I'm still wibbly now, but that's down to me being plain lazy!

Look on the bright side, i did. When OH made me laugh a few weeks after the birth my tummy used to flap up and down, it used to make me laugh more, what a bloody sight.

:hugs:

Also, i don't know ANYONE who twanged back into shape, your uterus has to shrink first

xx

11. miel

miel Married to an amazing guy

are you doing any exercices at home that could speed the process lisa? like yoga etc...

12. cupcake

cupcake Mommy of a gorgeous boy!

took me about 2 months to get rid of all the weight,but my tummy is still a bit flabby and the stretch marks are still there.

13. Mervs Mum

I actually have a great yoga DVD that I forgot about....good idea Laetitia!! I just need my sore bottom to ease a little bit more and I think I will start again. I am losing the wieght steadily - another 2lb came off today - so its early days but I really dont want to waste time. With Emily I didnt make any efforts and it took me about 6 yrs to get back into shape...:shy:

x

14. hotsexymum

hotsexymum mum of 4

15. moomin_troll

moomin_troll mummy to zane and corey

ive still got a bump after 4 weeks not very big but i look like i did wen i was 12 weeks lol my problem is the stretch marks and loose skin :( i look good with clothes on haha