When will I not look like I'm still pregnant :(

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
OK so its only day 5 after Hebe was born but I feel well enough to be out and about in public BUT I dont feel like I look good enough....

I've always had 'issues' with my weight - its been up and down over the years. I'm not massively concerned with what the actual scales say but I just wondered how long I can expect my tummy to look like I'm about 18 weeks pregnant!!!?? It's obviously my uterus and when I'm pushing the pram I dont care but I have to have her attatched to me so people dont think I'm still preggy!!! My worst nightmare is someone asking me 'when's it due?' :cry:

Hebe is being christened just before Christmas as our vicar is leaving so I dont have the 6 months I'd hoped for to get back into shape :hissy:

https://www.babyandbump.com/postnatal-support/63414-come-girls.html <<<

hugss xx

it wont be to long....but give it time, i still weigh just over 10stone but i dont think i look so pregnant any more, i have a little tummy on me

A month later and I still look pregnant. :(

:hugs:

Join the BnB biggest losers!

It takes time honey. I still look like I have a belly that I did when I was 2-3 months pregnant. It's empty now and not very nice at the moment. Yet, week after week, as the weight goes off, I do see an improvement.

:hug:

every one differnt i was luck and got back in a week :happydance: big :hug::hugs: for you tho

I'd like to add that there are lucky ones who do get it back in a week but I don't think that is the norm.

The first few weeks is when most do lose the majority of the baby weight and the remainder tends to come off gradually. By 3 weeks you will probably see a difference and by 6 weeks an even more noticeable one.

Hun, im struggling too. The first few days after birth i felt thin and great......now i feel like a lump'o'lard!! Everything is so giggly and not where it should be :rofl: and ive just noticed (a min ago getting out the shower) one me boobs is lower than the other.....SO NOT IMPRESSED!!!

Hopefully we'll both be back to norm (well as norm as we'll every be :D) soon!! XxxX

(Big hugs for lil hebe!!) XxX

Don't worry hun it will go down by the christening. It's only been 5 days! :hugs:

I'm still wibbly now, but that's down to me being plain lazy!

Look on the bright side, i did. When OH made me laugh a few weeks after the birth my tummy used to flap up and down, it used to make me laugh more, what a bloody sight.

:hugs:

Also, i don't know ANYONE who twanged back into shape, your uterus has to shrink first

xx

are you doing any exercices at home that could speed the process lisa? like yoga etc...

took me about 2 months to get rid of all the weight,but my tummy is still a bit flabby and the stretch marks are still there.

are you doing any exercices at home that could speed the process lisa? like yoga etc...

I actually have a great yoga DVD that I forgot about....good idea Laetitia!! I just need my sore bottom to ease a little bit more and I think I will start again. I am losing the wieght steadily - another 2lb came off today - so its early days but I really dont want to waste time. With Emily I didnt make any efforts and it took me about 6 yrs to get back into shape...:shy:

x

I'd like to add that there are lucky ones who do get it back in a week but I don't think that is the norm.

it is for me the norm
i was hopeing to put weight on after harry ,but it just falls off , after 4 kids , i only went up to 8 stone with harry and am 6 now

ive still got a bump after 4 weeks not very big but i look like i did wen i was 12 weeks lol my problem is the stretch marks and loose skin :( i look good with clothes on haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->