When will things change ?

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Jess is now 13 weeks and still going every three hours and taking on average 60mls, 90mls a few times a day and 120/150mls randomly thrown in for good measure, she is growing at a steady pace from her birth weight of 4lb 12 oz and is healthy, sleeps lots and lots of wet nappies, dirty ones twice a day so she is doing really well. Just wondered if any of your babies were the same and when they started drinking more and going longer in between feeds? The broken sleep is killing me !!!

My girls were 10 weeks early weighing 3lb10oz and 3lb5oz and I fed on demand but things didnt really change until they were weaning.

Hard to remember really (broken sleep is now something of a rarity thank goodness!) but my boys were 4 hourly between feeds from about 5/6 weeks (actual) - even when we fed on demand they still only went 4 hours! They dropped their 2am feed at about 3 months I think so we fed them at 10ish and then 6am. They would still wake in the night but could be soothed with a dummy. They started to sleep through the night much more so once they started to wean at about 5 months (actual 3 months corrected).

Oh and we used hungry milk from about 4 months which helped them to sleep through I think!

How preemie was your baby?

You need to go by their corrected age when thinking of milestones etc, so if she was very preemie, she will still be in the same routine/have the same needs a newborn would, if that makes sense?

Reagan was 11 weeks early, she started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks corrected, up until 7 weeks actual age she was on 3 hourly feeds, then afterwards she went up to 4 hourly.

Anytime they was born before the 40 week gestation mark should have been time they wasn't being feed by breast/bottle, so I think that is why you need to take it from there.

Does that make any sense?...it does to me, but not sure I have explained myself well :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->